Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
E-revo or Tekno ET48 Truggy for bashing? >

E-revo or Tekno ET48 Truggy for bashing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-revo or Tekno ET48 Truggy for bashing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 11:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Default E-revo or Tekno ET48 Truggy for bashing?

What do you think would be better?
Old 12-24-2014, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

I think the Tekno aluminium chassis is the first win

overall the tekno has a lower CG, a better weight distribution, bigger shocks and a full metal transmission
it should also drive better !

also compair the price of common parts : suspension arms, transmission, etc... ( i didn't compair )
Old 12-24-2014, 05:47 AM
Tech Addict

I would say the Tekno would be better but you have to consider parts availability. Racing or bashing if you cant run it your not having fun.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

The Tekno truggy all the way. Everything about the Tekno is built better/stronger than the Revo. The Revo looks cool and thats about the only advantage it has. The list of negatives for the Revo is long. Revo has a plastic chassis, plastic driveshafts, smaller 10th scale differentials ect... Basically if you run the Erevo hard it's gonna break the driveline. Erevo fanboys will say that you just need to set the slipper clutch properly and it won't break. I've been there, tried that and it doesn't work. The Tekno doesn't have a slipper clutch because it has a center diff and doesn't need one. The motor/speed control in the Erevo is nice, it's just the rest of the truck isn't up to the task. Do yourself a favor and get the Tekno, or any other quality Etruggy kit that's available. From bashing to racing there's nothing the Tekno can't do better.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shawner85
I would say the Tekno would be better but you have to consider parts availability. Racing or bashing if you cant run it your not having fun.
I think parts availability is a non issue these days. My Lhs rarely has the parts I need even though I bought the kit from them. That's what the Internet and UPS is for.😜 in fact, Tekno seems to be very helpful right here on RCTECH. I don't see anyone from Traxxas or other brands posting on here and helping guys out.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

If you like to tinker and modify get the erevo. It'll take 4s fine, 6s will give you issues. You can also fit a center diff.

Any race level truggy is going to be awesome. There will be very little aftermarket hop up support simply because they don't need hop ups.

Also check out the arrma truggy, losi 8ight t and for a cheaper alternative check out the sabertooth basher truggy.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Micah78
I think parts availability is a non issue these days. My Lhs rarely has the parts I need even though I bought the kit from them. That's what the Internet and UPS is for.😜 in fact, Tekno seems to be very helpful right here on RCTECH. I don't see anyone from Traxxas or other brands posting on here and helping guys out.
I by no means was saying that parts availability was better for one then the other. Its just something to consider. If your LHS stocks all tekno then thats a pro for tekno, if it only stocks traxxas then thats a pro for the revo. Thats all.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks everyone. I love my Tekno SCT410 and EB48.2 for racing. Looks like an ETruggy is also coming
Old 12-24-2014, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

There's no comparison. One is a quality engineered race machine and the other is a cheap plastic truck. I own Tekno and Traxxas, so I'm not bashing them for no reason, but I would never buy another Traxxas vehicle.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Tekno would be better for racing or "precision bashing", but the E-Revo is hardly a cheap plastic truck. I have the mini version, which is supposedly even more problem-prone, but it's a very well-built vehicle that can handle any reasonable kind of driving with a few key upgrades, just like every other RC ever made.

The E-Revo needs metal braces to reinforce the thin strips of plastic that connect the main chassis to the diff cases. It also needs metal shocks (though I think *all* RCs need metal shocks), and a center diff to allow the drivetrain to manage torque loads more effectively. Install those upgrades, and make sure the diffs are shimmed (again, *all* RCs need that), and you should be fine. You can add a front swaybar if you want more-precise cornering; I don't think a rear swaybar is necessary unless you set the front swaybar to be really stiff.

On the other hand, if you're going to do sick jumps off skateboard ramps, buy the cheapest vehicle you can get your hands on, because you WILL destroy it eventually.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
The Tekno would be better for racing or "precision bashing", but the E-Revo is hardly a cheap plastic truck. I have the mini version, which is supposedly even more problem-prone, but it's a very well-built vehicle that can handle any reasonable kind of driving with a few key upgrades, just like every other RC ever made.

The E-Revo needs metal braces to reinforce the thin strips of plastic that connect the main chassis to the diff cases. It also needs metal shocks (though I think *all* RCs need metal shocks), and a center diff to allow the drivetrain to manage torque loads more effectively. Install those upgrades, and make sure the diffs are shimmed (again, *all* RCs need that), and you should be fine. You can add a front swaybar if you want more-precise cornering; I don't think a rear swaybar is necessary unless you set the front swaybar to be really stiff.

On the other hand, if you're going to do sick jumps off skateboard ramps, buy the cheapest vehicle you can get your hands on, because you WILL destroy it eventually.
I have the same car and you should have seen how many spare parts I had for it. Just about every single part on the car was aftermarket, because it was needed. And yes I have the T-Bone chassis brace and shimmed diffs. You can polish a turd as much as you want but at the end of the day it's still a turd. Sometimes it's hard to realize how crappy something is built until you own a well built vehicle.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys. I have an ET48 coming
Old 12-25-2014, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 0verkill
I have the same car and you should have seen how many spare parts I had for it. Just about every single part on the car was aftermarket, because it was needed. And yes I have the T-Bone chassis brace and shimmed diffs. You can polish a turd as much as you want but at the end of the day it's still a turd. Sometimes it's hard to realize how crappy something is built until you own a well built vehicle.
I know. I do own well-built vehicles, and my MERV is one of them. If you had to replace nearly every part with aftermarket, either yours was defective (or perhaps a very early version -- mine was made recently) or else you were expecting WAY too much from the vehicle. I'm not one of those crazy people who thinks a 1/16-scale vehicle should go 60mph.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
I know. I do own well-built vehicles, and my MERV is one of them. If you had to replace nearly every part with aftermarket, either yours was defective (or perhaps a very early version -- mine was made recently) or else you were expecting WAY too much from the vehicle. I'm not one of those crazy people who thinks a 1/16-scale vehicle should go 60mph.
He's not talking about the MERV, he's talking about the full size Revo. If you're comparing the Revo to the Tekno truggy, Tekno wins every time.😉
Old 12-26-2014, 11:46 PM
Tech Champion

I understand, but the full-size E-Revo is essentially the same vehicle, except that it's built with more-durable parts than the MERV. So if my experience with the MERV is any indication, the full-size E-Revo is an even-more reliable vehicle -- as long as you're not doing blatantly stupid things like jumping off skateboard halfpipes, which will break any vehicle eventually, and deservedly so.

0verkill is just bitter about his specific vehicle not meeting his expectations, and he's projecting that bitterness onto the entire Traxxas brand, despite the fact that millions of people are happy with their Traxxas vehicles. That's what I objected to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.