Search

Converting aftershock to new gas engine ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Absolutely.

With say an LRP Spec 3 28 you have a good engine, but not the best carb. The way I tune them they don't have a super steady idle, but temps, performance, and longevity are very good. It just requires fairly regular blipping and clearing the throttle so it won't cut out. With an insulated carb like on a race engine - say a Novarossi or OS buggy/truggy engine - OR the LRP ZR30.X - idle is far more stable, and not so nuch adjusting is required.. (of course if you live somewhere with wildly changing outdoor temps that could be a bit different...). With a lesser engine for ex. changing a body can be a bit rushed, so it doesn't cut out.. With the ZR.30X I can take my time.

You still need to have a good setup and half a clue about what you're doing, but an LRP ZR.30X or Picco for ex. make a big difference. The power too is nuts...
Well you got me thinking about buying the lrp! Amain has them for 160$ so they are cheaper than the gas as well!
Old 12-25-2014, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Don't forget the pullstart backplate.. The Odonnel medium purple plugs are great for it too...

Faster than gas as well. And harder on the drivetrain..
Old 12-25-2014, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just ready to get this aftershock back going, it's been on the shelf for way too long!