Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1:10-scale nitro monster trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Btw I put together a Redcat Caldera brushless for my 6 yr old son for his birthday. He beats the crap out of it and the only issue we've had is a bolt pulled through the bottom of the control arm. Otherwise, its as tough as any other entry level hobby grade I've owned. I do, however, have the esc turned down to about 50%.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ncsu602
I've owned several nitro stampedes as well as a few tmaxx. The stampede is a good choice as far as ground clearance. In a fresh cut manicured lawn the last stampede I had would outrun my buddies vxl rustler on nimh. They are, however, wheely machines. It got kind of old after a while.

As far as availability, a Tmaxx or Emaxx may be the best bet simply because of truck and parts availability. I'm suprised you can't buy Traxxas parts at Walmart.
I'm sure a monster truck would outrun a stadium truck on a freshly-trimmed lawn...or any lawn, for that matter. Grass adds a huge amount of drag, so ground clearance is essential. My Axial Wraith has an easier time driving on grass than any other vehicle I own, and it's not just because it's got lots of torque. I don't think I want to go RWD, though; asking kids to ease off the throttle when they want to turn is honestly asking them to have too much self-control when playing with a cool toy.

Parts availability isn't *too* much of an issue, because the kids will realistically only get to play with it a few days a year, when they and I are both visiting the farm at the same time. So there's plenty of downtime to fix stuff if they break it.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This was my old one. Kinda wish I still had it.

URL=http://s37.photobucket.com/user/ncsu602/media/2013-04-07141555_zps46414146.jpg.html][/URL]URL=http://s37.photobucket.com/user/ncsu602/media/2013-04-07141515_zps51d2f10e.jpg.html][/URL]