Wiki Posts
Search

ALL NEW!! - Losi LST3

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default ALL NEW!! - Losi LST3

Wishful thinking huh? What would you guys like to see if Losi developed a new MT.

It would for sure be an e-LST3 if they made a new truck. I don't think anyone wants to see a LST with electronics slammed into it. The two servo thing needs to go away.

I would expect to see 4-6S, 1900-2100kv, single servo!, single speed, and properly balanced so it doesn't do wheelies all the way down the block. They could make this work! Re-work the LST platform and voila!

Would be a top seller!

We would all jump on it like Oprah on a baked ham!

Old 10-24-2014, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think Monster trucks will make a comeback at some point. I wish they'd make a Muggy 2!

I also Traxxas would take the Revo 3.3 and make it electric rather than give us the plastic E-Revo.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

If Losi was going to make a E-LST I think the best we can hope for is a LST with a redesigned electric specific chassis. Like what AE did with the Rival, kept the suspension the same just redesigned the chassis. Honestly I'd be ok with that if they put the batteries up front where they belong, gave it truggy bellcrank steering and the RTR package (if available) was 6s capable and waterproof.

Losi is not going to give us a completely new truck, MT's aren't profitable enough to justify a total redesign. Also there's the fact the XXL-2 is a current production vehicle using LST parts, they're not going to drop it. It's simply too expensive to make all new tooling let alone redesign everything for a totally new truck. The Muggy was a stop gap measure to break into the truggy racing scene. Now with the 8ight-t they have a truggy, that's why the Muggy was discontinued in the first place. Maybe if we're lucky they'll make a cheaper version of the 8ight-t with different shock towers that can be raised up for more ground clearance though. I've almost made my own shock towers to do this to an 8igjt-t a few times, but you'd also need stiffer shock springs than what's available from Losi and I don't feel like looking for them.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:09 PM
Tech Champion

Dang.. I was hoping to see a link to a real new LST3 when I saw the title of the thread...

I want a nitro one, with the LRP .30 as the stock engine.

Besides that, just cosmetic stuff really.

Though the XXL IMHO does need a chassis brace along the lines of the New Era roll bar. I heard too many stories of folding XXL chassis', and I know from experience with my LST2 that the New Era rollbar improves overall chassis stiffness and protects a lot of the truck, contributing to a longer lifetime..

They can even keep it red like the XXL-2, same body or whatever. I don't care...

When you talk about balance for an E-version, that's one thing. But as a nitro truck all the LST's have always been perfectly balanced, since the engine is in the middle. It's a big part of what makes them drive so great.

Beyond that, mostly just wishful thinking stuff... - like a 3-speed... Black dish rims.. Maybe a black look, with a black body..

ps It's also a shame Losi quit making good RTR buggies and truggies. Seems everything is focussed on racing kits and 5th scale now..
Old 10-25-2014, 05:51 AM
GAJ
Tech Initiate

Please define:
Truggy- is it a buggy based monster truck?
Muggy - ???
Thanks
Old 10-25-2014, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GAJ
Please define:
Truggy- is it a buggy based monster truck?
Muggy - ???
Thanks
Truggy is a word that combines truck and buggy. A lot of truggies share components with buggies, but they are generally longer, wider, and have bigger wheels and tires than a buggy.

A Muggy is a Losi brand monster truck that sort of blurred the lines between a monster truck and a truggy because it had a center diff.

Check out the discontinued Muggy here: http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodID=LOSB0018
Old 10-25-2014, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

holy cRAp. I THOughT OH man . that title , so hopefulll .....

Anyway , i'd love to see them fix the steering slop . Muggy 2 would be nice as well..
Old 10-25-2014, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
Truggy is a word that combines truck and buggy. A lot of truggies share components with buggies, but they are generally longer, wider, and have bigger wheels and tires than a buggy.

A Muggy is a Losi brand monster truck that sort of blurred the lines between a monster truck and a truggy because it had a center diff.

Check out the discontinued Muggy here: http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodID=LOSB0018
The first truggies were buggies with monster truck tires, the result of someone trying to get an advantage in the Monster truck racing class. You're totally right about the name and what they evolved into, just thought the history lesson was useful.

Monster Truck racing rules state that the engine must be 1.5" or more off the ground when the suspension is fully compressed. The Muggy with it's flat chassis is definitely a truggy. Because it uses Monster Truck suspension (LST based) you could also call it a hybrid truggy though.

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
It's also a shame Losi quit making good RTR buggies and truggies. Seems everything is focussed on racing kits and 5th scale now..
I agree with you on that. Seems Horizon is turning Losi into their racing brand and using Vaterra and their other brands for the RTR or more mainstream stuff. I'd like to see Losi come up with something to crush the MT4G3.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

mt4-g3 is a great model for fun, does not have the performance of a truggy and even the performance of a monster truck, just fun. :
Old 10-25-2014, 10:16 AM
Tech Rookie

What a tease of thread title! I JUST finished my brushless LST build. If LOSI does ever make an electric LST out of the box, I hope they stick with an aluminum chassis so I can just swap my nitro chassis out but keep the side rails and braces, etc. If not I wouldn't mind either, my truck is balanced pretty well, even if I do have the battery in the rear. I kept my radio gear, esc, and everything else up front, seems to work very well.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:23 AM
Tech Champion

The MT4 G3 is an excellent truck. For the money (going on prices available to me in Europe), nothing else comes even remotely close. €370 RTR, new. Mine is almost two years old, and has been unbelievably unproblematic. Parts are everywhere and cheap, it's laid out super easy to work on, and it has great performance. What more could you ask for? Maybe a chassis brace of some kind, but I have the Harley thing between the shock towers, so don't think about it anymore.

Though yeah, I think Losi really needs to come out with an electric LST (and a nitro one too, of course...) But if they do, it's gonna' cost a lot.. Should be nice though, as Losi RTR's always have been.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
I think Monster trucks will make a comeback at some point. I wish they'd make a Muggy 2!

I also Traxxas would take the Revo 3.3 and make it electric rather than give us the plastic E-Revo.
even further, traxxas needs to put 1/8 scale size diffs in the revo trucks.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

whether at home losis were able to install the batteries lipo on the sides of the model, positioning the 2-speed gear in the middle, keeping the same platform sandwich, it would be a fantastic lst electric.