Wiki Posts
Search

Recommend some good 17mm beadlock's & tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)
Default Recommend some good 17mm beadlock's & tires

The last set I tried were the maximizers way back. They always ripped the bead for me on 6s. I'd like something lite weight , good for on and off-road. Pics would be great also. I am in the process of building a lcg monster truck off the slash lcg chassis. Something not so big that I can keep in the trunk and take out when I see a good spot. Already got some 17mm adapters. Thanks
Old 10-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I've heard beadlocks and high powered brushless don't really mix too well. They either can't hold the tire on and need glue or they pinch the bead when you crank them really tight causing a tear. Besides the Maximizers I think the only beadlocks still around are Axial.

Since you're basing this Monster off a lightweight Slash, you may want to consider a lighter weight wheel and tire combo. I'm thinking a truggy wheel and tire instead of heavy beadlocks and MT tires. I really like the concept of a lightweight monster with a single battery and have thought about converting a Slash 4x4 as well. Give us some more details and let is know how it works out for you.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:56 PM
Tech Champion

Beadlocks are just a bad idea IMO for 1:8. Even nitro.. I had some Axials way back when and the bead came out in half a tank.

For 8th scale MT's I think MT4 G3 stock tires and rims are about the best you can get. Light, durable, available.. Not like you can really see fancy looking rims at 40mph anyway.. Tires and rims are one of the first places where looks should be sacrificed for performance and durability. IMO.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Thanks , I guess i'll prob go with some truggy wheels and tires . i just like the look of the beadlocks. I know i will have enough power to move them as i had a spare jr 9100hvs servo laying around , it has a ton of torque and speed. So far i did a few mod's to it and installed a MM2. i cut the battery tray & installed some velcro straps and plan on running a castle 2650kv motor instead of my castle 2200kv , so that's for sale. It's a work in progress , here is a few pics so far :