Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Muding?  I was thinking of buying a truck for this. >

Muding? I was thinking of buying a truck for this.

Muding? I was thinking of buying a truck for this.

Old 09-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

The Titan's should be able to run submerged. Electric motor's are extremely forgivable, and I just tested my Titan to make sure. It threw water in my face from the fan, but other than that it was just as good as when it's dry. The servo's should be relativly water resistant. Go to Wal-Mart and pick up some silicon sealant and run a clean bead along the seam of the servo's. The Reciever won't overheat, but the ESC might. I would say try some spare lexan from a body's overspray shield or buy some 1/8" lexan to build a small splash shield. Use this to place over the ESC in any fashon you like.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

I am not to stressed about water as such, just that the odds are that the water will be carrying lots of garbage along with it.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:16 AM
Tech Regular

my biggest concern was the esc. Maybe somhow mount it to the underside of the body with a shild around it or somthing.. the rx would be fine in a balloon
Old 09-22-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Go Nitro! Electric trucks are great because of their ease of use and torque, but you just don't get the same feeling you get with a nitro. With a nitro you can really hear the engine whine as the rpms get higher and higher. I doubt you are going to be doing this in competition so I don't think it will really matter that the electrics "might beat the nitro trucks. In fact half the fun of bashing is when you get stuck in the mud. Whats the fun in getting through the mud every time! The Maxx trucks are alot of fun and have good tires for mudding but are kind of a pain to work on. I think the Savage would be a good choice also.

Just my .02
Old 09-22-2005, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

^^ yeah thats what i ahve a full sized truck for lol nothing like a v8.. electric wouldnt be much easyer to clean you would have much to take off to clean you dont have to worry about flodding out the engine and such. but they both have there pluses and neg.

Last edited by Nathan; 09-22-2005 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Well once again I guess it comes down to whatever you can find parts for.

Have you seen any nitros run before? They are fun to drive, and the sound gives you an illusion of speed, and the whine as it powers over and through obstacles are insane. It is great to hear a nitro mill running, and even better when you know it's working. You get that really low grunt that just says "Power." That's one thing electric can't match, inless your running steel gears that are really bent and warped. Then you'll just sound like a rusty fire engine.

I am going to upload a new nitro video to our Movies page soon, so check it out if you've never seen a nitro run. This one I left the sound in, but there is still some cool music. Don't tell Breaking Benjamins, but I had to "Borrow" their song!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

ohh i love the sounds of nitro i actually used to think that elec cars and trucks sucked.. then i got into onroad carpet and kind of fell in love with elec.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Tech Adept

Well i think what would satisfy me the most is a crawler. So Im going to buy a clodbuster or something of that sort. Most likely going to sell the brushless system or the whole car, if anyone wants it let me know.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Wow...You really move on quick don't you!
Old 09-23-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Platinum_Racing
Wow...You really move on quick don't you!
Its for the best.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Good luck!
Old 09-25-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks, i just hope someone wants it because once i start crawling i wont have time for it.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

The pictures of the Hilux take me right back to when I owned my Superchamp! Prior to that, I had the Sandscorcher, which had a high degree of tolerance to water too - everything was sealed in a waterproof box with novel spring clips that held things in place. Even the steering linkage was sealed with a rubber boot.

The Hilux was awesome then and it still looks awesome now. It's just so real looking! It was one of the first trucks that I can think of that had a proper multi speed transmission, one that could be changed on the fly if you were lucky enough to own a 3 channel system. I never owned one, but was lucky enough to drive my friend's one many times.

Nice!!
Old 10-10-2005, 06:16 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

For crawling or mudding around, the LST is nice as it has that low gear setting that you can shift into. Really give the truck alot of torque on the low end. Also the claw tires are pretty big and give great grip. If you do nitro, this would be a fun vehicle for crawling and mudding.