Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-Maxx Servos.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 06:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Default E-Maxx Servos.....

Ok guys Im back into the hobby but never really would even call myself a novice. Pretty much an older noob.

Now that I have children and time has gone on my kids have entered the age of wanting RC Cars / Trucks... long story short Im back in it again and a happy man.

I purchased a pretty much brand new EMaxx with the newer grey body 3903. The guy who had it kept this thing mint and I'd be surprised if he ran it more then 1 hour ever. He has 2 Kershaw 700-HO in it which I was amazed at this things speed. Needless to say I'm here because I DESTROYED the original plastic servros that came with it. Melted down smooth. I dont want to replace the gears or anything I want to get a servo that will last. I want as full proof as I can get without completely breaking the bank. I dont want to change it around too much, I have read from sticking with 2 metal ones all the way to switching over to one beast central one.

My question is what do you guys recommend. The gentleman I bought it from told me to get 2 - Futaba S3152 Digital Standard High-Torque Servo as well as metal horns to go with that.

My local hobby store told me to get 1 Ace RC / Team Associate DS1510 and go from there.

Please help a noob out
Old 08-29-2014, 06:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Also what would yall recommend for good all around tires? I live in a grassy / gravel / pavement area mainly.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

I'd go with a single metal gear servo something with a good amount of torque and speed I use a jr z9100hvs but they don't make them anymore . Jr makes some good servos I have been using them for some time now. For something not as expensive but I heard are great are the savox servos. They are next on my list but my jr's havnt quit yet. Also the badlands are a great tire for what you are looking for .
Old 08-29-2014, 07:15 PM
Tech Rookie

I've been researching all night long and I'm getting more and more confused HA!
Old 08-29-2014, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fanofphilly
The gentleman I bought it from told me to get 2 - Futaba S3152 Digital Standard High-Torque Servo as well as metal horns to go with that.

My local hobby store told me to get 1 Ace RC / Team Associate DS1510 and go from there.
That's some bad advice you were given. A truck like your Emaxx should have at least 250oz of torque, closer to 300oz would be better. The Traxxas 2075 servos that came in your truck each have 125oz of torque for a total of 250oz. Those Futaba S3152 are 70oz each while the Ace DS1510 is 135oz and the transit speed on both is very slow. Avoid these two particular servos.

If you don't want Traxxas servos and want a nice easy, direct replacement get a Futaba. Traxxas and Futaba use the same number of splines on the output so the Traxxas servo horn will hold right on. The stock servo horns can of course be replaced so don't let that stop you.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:26 AM
Tech Rookie

i had the 2056 that came with my truck not the 2075 those are usually in the summits i thought.

Regardless would you recommend 2 of the Hitec HS-5645MG Digital Ultra-Torque Metal Gear 2BB

towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUZ80&P=ML
Old 08-30-2014, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The Hitec HS-5645MG is a good servo for the price, still kinda slow but for bashing it'll be fine. Another improvement you can make to the steering is to make sure the servo saver spring on the bellcrank is the black one. The silver spring is really weak and he black one is stronger resulting in more positive steering.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

I'm using 2 savox 0231mg waterproof servos. They do the job for mine with flm chassis and hybrids with trenchers. 416oz torgue and metal gear waterproof.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks a lot guys all the feedback has been great....
Old 09-01-2014, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

I suggest getting two TRX2075's. They are reliable and provide ample torque.
Check valuehobby.com has Power HD 1501MG servos. There about $13 each. Theyre metal geared, 0.14 sec., 215oz/in @ 6V. Ive had several now and two will steer your E Maxx effortlessly. They also have 25t splines. Hobbypartz.com has EXI 226 and 227 servos for same price. They have been proven reliable and powerful servos too.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Just be aware, if you add two more higher powered servos, you might need to add a BEC, to avoid steering brownouts while under power. Been there, done that, it sucks lol. That supplies battery power directly to receiver, rather than the ESC providing it. Just keep that in mind as a possibility if the truck acts weird after servo upgrade.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:49 AM
Tech Adept

I'm Using a SAVOX SC-1256TG
And it turns trencher X tires on the spot.