Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TXT-2 Availability

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default TXT-2 Availability

I asked about getting a second chassis back in January of 2013, and after some valuable feedback decided to get a Clod Buster which I've really enjoyed for its old timey driving characteristics. There's one other truck I've regretted getting rid of - a TXT-1. I don't see many running this truck and wonder what's behind the apparently low demand; I ask because I saw someone on another forum do some really cool work on theirs and it piqued my interest in pulling the trigger on one.

What's everyone's thoughts?
Old 07-24-2014, 12:39 AM
Tech Adept

Assuming I get it Friday, along with a high voltage Hitec servo and waterproof spektrum receiver... ;-), suggestions on a waterproof brushless speedo and motor? It's a 10 lb truck, probably on a single 7.2v stick pack. I do have a castle sv3 available but I'm uncertain it wouldn't overheat even with good airflow.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Finished building. Waiting to choose a speed control and shocks to complete her. Chassis is really nice, and of course the drivetrain is solid. Will likely go with Big Bore shocks, Revo driveshafts, Traxxas ball ends and hardware, a waterproof brushless speed control so I can use my spare Tekin T8 motor, and Lexan side panels to accentuate the tube frame-style construction this TXT-2 maintains. Still have to find what esc that would be, and need new body as well. But she's in good shape for now.

Tamiya txt-2 by Lunitic, on Flickr

Tamiya txt-2 by Lunitic, on Flickr
Old 08-04-2014, 12:39 AM
Tech Regular

Great build! Did you get the chevron tyres with the kit, or did you have to buy them seperately. The only thing I dislike about the TXT-2 are the new format tyres.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:28 AM
Tech Adept

Those are from my old TXT-1 which I got rid of a few years ago. I agree, the new tires aren't to my liking either.