Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Revo 3.3 transmission? >

Revo 3.3 transmission?

Revo 3.3 transmission?

Old 07-04-2014, 01:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Revo 3.3 transmission?

i have an older model revo 3.3 WITHOUT optidrive, my transmission is junk and i need a new one, the complete ones i have found on ebay are all opti drive transmissions, so will an opti drive tranny work on my older revo??
Old 07-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

All Revos came with OptiDrive transmissions, except the Platinum and I believe some of the newer models as well. OptiDrive is used for sensing the speed of the gears inside the transmission, when the speed is right it allows the trans to shift into reverse and doesn't when the speed is wrong. The transmission case is the same for all Revos, it never changed so yes you can bolt an OptiDrive trans into your Revo. When converted to forward only the OptiDrive and reverse parts are removed, a new forward only output shaft is installed as well as a couple plugs installed in the trans case to seal up the holes left by the linkage and OptiDrive.

I recommend you go to Traxxas.com and click on a Revo model. Under "downloads" you can find exploded views for the transmission and get part numbers for any gears that are broken inside yours. May be cheaper than buying a trans of eBay. Revo platinum models have the forward only kit installed if you want that exploded view. You can also find the installation instructions for the forward only kit on the Traxxas site as well if you look up the part number.