Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Mt4 g3 newbie Hobbyking 150a esc 4 pole motor? >

Mt4 g3 newbie Hobbyking 150a esc 4 pole motor?

Mt4 g3 newbie Hobbyking 150a esc 4 pole motor?

Old 07-02-2014, 08:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Mt4 g3 newbie Hobbyking 150a esc 4 pole motor?

Standing backflips on grass achieved!!! As well as first break!!! Haven't done anything to the center diff yet, just added 5s. All stock besides the hk 150a esc. It's definitely performing on par with my other trucks power and speed wise now and killing them on handling and durability! I broke a front body post but I had forgotten to lower them so I was able to just lower them and use the same ones! My 6s hasn't arrived yet and I don't feel I need it or my 14t pinion or thicker center diff oil I purchased. I'm very very happy as is on 5s! I recently read that my hobbyking 150a esc doesn't play well with 4 pole motors but it seems fine so far to me, anybody have any experience with this esc in a mt4 g3 or with any 4 pole motor? Also this truck seems to get way hotter than my others, any thoughts? I run either a 4s 25c 5000mah or a 5s 40c 3500 mah so far and have a 6s 40c 3500mah in the mail...
Attached Thumbnails Mt4 g3 newbie Hobbyking 150a esc 4 pole motor?-image.jpg  
Old 07-02-2014, 09:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wow! glad to see it,the four motor design,its very powerful and awesome in speed and on track it looks hot.Actually the four motor plan its a great idea it works better and strength of the truck gets better.