Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clutch Bell Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Clutch Bell Trouble

I have an rc10gt. For some reason everytime i run the truck for 2-3 tanks i manage to break the clip that holds my clutch bell on, when that falls off, my clutch bearing falls out then the cluch wobbles and frys my spur gear, its happend like 4 times already the exact same thing, the second time it happend i replaced the clutch and it still happend.... any ideas whats causing this? or a cheap way to fix it?
Old 08-26-2005, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

i have an rc10gt that was my first car but it doesnt work any more (needs a new engine). that never happened to mine. what engine to you have in there now? it might be the shoes or the flywheel. those are only guesses though. and i have no idea how to fix it. umm..... mabee call you local hobby shop and ask them if thay know what might be wrong or if they can tell you over the phone then bring it on down to them.

good luck and just to let you know this is the monster forum people in the elec/nitro offroad may know a little more.

once again good luck and let me know how it goes and what needed to be fixed/ replaced.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Tech Rookie

ive taken it to my local hobby shop they just look at me with this look like uhhh... i just replaced the clutch shoes, i put an aftermarket one with like a spring wrapped around it. Still didnt fix it
Old 08-27-2005, 12:00 AM
Suspended

sounds like a bent flywhell to me check to see if it is bent

Last edited by a/efreak; 08-27-2005 at 01:09 AM.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tazman6789
I have an rc10gt. For some reason everytime i run the truck for 2-3 tanks i manage to break the clip that holds my clutch bell on, when that falls off, my clutch bearing falls out then the cluch wobbles and frys my spur gear, its happend like 4 times already the exact same thing, the second time it happend i replaced the clutch and it still happend.... any ideas whats causing this? or a cheap way to fix it?
At some stage the e-clip probably stretched open a little causing it to make a loose connection to the engine shaft. If the e-clip has spread open more then normal then i suggest using a pair of pliers to squash it back together.

Sean
Old 08-27-2005, 12:55 AM
Tech Rookie

That happened on my RC10GT when my mesh was too tight.

Here is AE’s instructions on checking your mesh:

To check if your gear mesh is wrong, do the following.
1. Rock the spur gear back and forth in the clutch bell using only light pressure of your small finger. The gear should be able to move just a small amount without moving the clutch bell.

2. If you cannot move the spur gear without also moving the pinion gear (because the gear mesh is tight), then the gear mesh needs to be changed.

3. If you move the spur gear but the mesh allows more than a couple sheets of paper to fit between the mesh of the gears, the mesh may be too loose, and the mesh needs to be tightened.