Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
ECX Ruckus 4WD and 2WD suggestions? >

ECX Ruckus 4WD and 2WD suggestions?

ECX Ruckus 4WD and 2WD suggestions?

Old 06-23-2014, 08:56 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)
Questions?? ECX Ruckus 4WD and 2WD suggestions?

Today I went to the hobby shop and bought a new 2wd and 4wd Ruckus. The 2wd is the brushless version and the 4wd is the brushed version. I have ran one pack through both and so far they seem like pretty fun little trucks. My wife wanted a MT so I bought these. The brushless 2wd runs really well even with the stock 7 cell pack. The brushed 4wd needs some help in the power department though.

Just curious what everyone thinks is a good basher type brushless motor and esc for my 4wd Ruckus? Castle 3800kv? Or should I go with a 550 size 4 pole SC type motor?

Also any needed upgrades for either truck? I'm picking up some hardcase 50C lipos this week for both of them to start with.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:44 AM
Tech Addict

I dont have any experience with the Rukus but the castle 3800 is an awesome motor for that type of truck. I highly recommend it! There's always going to be bigger and better motors but bang for your buck im a huge fan of the 3800.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:19 AM
Suspended

Here's my pair of Ruckus'. Black one is the factory brushless 2wd one and the other is the factory brushed 4wd one that I plan to upgrade to brushless asap.
Trucks have been a blast so far just running around the yard with my wife.

Old 06-26-2014, 03:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

So...Hows the Ruckus treatin ya? Ive considered a ECX kit for ahwile, but never pulled the trigger. I hve a roller on its way I scored in trade here. Cant wait to try it out.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:05 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by RCaddict0
So...Hows the Ruckus treatin ya? Ive considered a ECX kit for ahwile, but never pulled the trigger. I hve a roller on its way I scored in trade here. Cant wait to try it out.
So far so good. I bought them to make the wife happy since she wanted another MT lol. She will drive the Bajas with me but she hates buggies and truggies. So I went and bought two of the Ruckus'. They seem to be pretty tough so far. She likes to crash into anything and they are still holding up so I'd say they are pretty dang good lol.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The ecx trucks are great bashers I got a couple of them for when the newbies want to try out some rc stuff. I put in a vxl system that I had laying around in the 2wd ruckus and the truck has taken all the abuse we have thrown at it.