Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
acer ceramic bearings >

acer ceramic bearings

acer ceramic bearings

Old 06-09-2014, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default acer ceramic bearings

just got some acer bearings for my lst , says they come lubes on on the site but when I received package it says for best results use acer sin lube on each bearing. anybody else use acer bearings and is it really needed?
Old 06-10-2014, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

That's a good question. I've heard over the years that a trick for improved performance is to clean out the bearings with detergent, then continually re-lube with a thin oil. But whether high-performance bearings come with a thin lube from the outset or if the have a normal grease, I don't know. Maybe pull one apart and see what's going on and take it from there.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

I run them, your supposed to clean them then use the sin lube. Dude they will make the truck roll for ever............ forever.

But they dont like dirt
Old 06-10-2014, 10:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

well just like all bearings I figure dirt would be an enemy but are the acers more susceptible to dirt? im rebuilding my small block lst and I hope I just didnt waste my money on some bearings
Old 06-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Ive bashed with them in heavy dirt/ mud and only seized one bearing up. There just higher maintenance thats all
Old 06-11-2014, 08:42 PM
Tech Prophet

All i can say about them is i bought there double Yellow sealed cemetric motor bearings i run in dry,wet etc dirt still roll good in my 2200 Castle motor !
Old 06-11-2014, 10:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok cool, its my race truck i really dont use it too much since my lhs shut down plus its ok if they're higher maintenance I should pay more attention to my race truck anyways
Old 06-12-2014, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

They need to be completely torn down, cleaned, and relubed after every race weekend. Too much maintenance for me to run them again. Not worth the $90.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Thanks for the great thread, as I have also wondered if their worth it or not !$!. I hear people praise them, but never mention longevity or care and feeding.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

With normal bearing, all the parts wear at the same rate. With ceramics, the balls inside actually gut into the steel inner and outer races. Any dirt inside them makes that worse. The residue from the balls wearing speeds up the process as well.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:54 AM
Tech Prophet

I know I only oiled the acer ceramic motor bearings once and they still spin good . If your looking at a bearing kit i would look at avid double sealed regular bearings much cheaper .
Old 06-12-2014, 03:42 PM
Tech Adept

That is the tradeoff - if we strip the grease out and replace with a thin oil, we get higher performance at the cost of more regular maintenance.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc5 man
I know I only oiled the acer ceramic motor bearings once and they still spin good . If your looking at a bearing kit i would look at avid double sealed regular bearings much cheaper .
When you say double sealed, is that the ones with rubber on each side? The ones I have been running are the regular ones with blue seals. I've had so so luck with them and I rarely drive through water or harsh liquids or bash hard. But I don't tear my truck down everytime it hits the ground either. I was looking at the Avids like these to try. Would I see improved sealing with the yellow seal Avids?
http://www.avidrc.com/product/1/bear...-bearings.html
Old 06-12-2014, 07:04 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by spookie
When you say double sealed, is that the ones with rubber on each side? The ones I have been running are the regular ones with blue seals. I've had so so luck with them and I rarely drive through water or harsh liquids or bash hard. But I don't tear my truck down everytime it hits the ground either. I was looking at the Avids like these to try. Would I see improved sealing with the yellow seal Avids?
http://www.avidrc.com/product/1/bear...-bearings.html

Yea the yellow seal on both sides with the avid ones I think the yellow ones are sealed better my last a good amount of time . The two acer Cermetric

motor bearings I have in my motor are sealed on both sides to .
Old 06-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Cool thanks. Just really looking for a better sealed bearing than the blue ones. Not so much performance with light oil kind of thing. I finally got my hands on some Mystik JT-6, love that stuff, used it for years when I was a mechanic and have been slowly using it on my Slash's. Incredible surface shear strength. But haven't tried packing any bearings with it yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.