Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T-Maxx or Revo?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 08:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default T-Maxx or Revo? Or Hpi Savage

Well, Im still looking at getting my first vehicle, and it might be the Jato, but out of the T-Maxx and the Revo, what is better overall? Thanks for your support.

Last edited by OffRoadUSA; 08-12-2005 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

if this is going to be your first r/c, go with an electric first, but after you learn go for a tmaxx if your just going to bash, but a revo if your going to race
Old 08-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Tech Adept

I have to agree with Xtreme. If you are going to get a nitro truck and you are going to do some bashing, then the T-Maxx is the way to go. Which is what I have with a OS18TM motor and alot of other Hop-Ups. I have a couple of friends who run Revos on-road, and I can not handle the track as well as them. Revo suspension is the SHIZNIT!!!!!! The durabilty of the Maxx is outstanding. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

actually my first rc was a gas truggy (the associated rc10gt, then i got an hpi nitro mt, and now im getting an hpi savage SS 4.6 kit...Im soo excited. cant wait for it to get here! ) ok so back to the point i think gas is good for beginners but you are ganna spend more money (on gas and repairs) but gas is really fun! so its all up to you and your budget. but if you do decide to go with gas look at the hpi's, they make great cars and have a lot of option parts to put on their truggies/monster. very durable cars!
Old 08-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Whats a truggy?
Old 08-11-2005, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

acctually mabee it isnt considered a truggy. its a stadium truck (inbetween a buggy and a monster truck). but if you want a monster then ive heard very good things about the HPI Savage, and i have pesonally ordered one> so MT wise i would go with the HPI Savage. And what savage all depends on how much you want to spend. if your new to rc and you want nitro. IMO go with the stock HPI 1/8 Savage 25 RTR, or if your willing to spend the extra money the Special edition. and if you really want a Traxxas get the Revo. faster better handleing and newer model.

but that is in my opinion. you might want more opinions.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

So is the hpi savage or the revo faster? I want a truck or a stadium truch (probably the Jato if I get one) thats go REALLY REALLY FAST like ZOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!
Old 08-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

i dont know whats faster but the savage is WAY MOR DURABLE. i saw this one vid of a jump the savage did. it was MASSIVE, the thing prob went the height of a 2 story house of the side of a 10foot-15foot hill and landed still running fine and after the jump he started going top speed in a parking lot (FAST). so if i were you i would go with the savage. i think the SS 4.6 is the best deal (excpecially with that big block engine (does wheelies with no prob, thats how prowerfull the engine is), but i think it only comes in a kit. so if you are willing to do a kit get the SS 4.6 but if you want a RTR get the normal HPI 1/8 Savage 25 RTR, and if you are willing to spend the extra money get the special edition.
i dont know what the best stadium trucks out there are but if you goto the truggie forum you can prob ask some of them some questions about the factory truggies. as i said before i have the hpi nitro mt (its the old version and if you get the mt2 i can tell you it is a good stadium truck from experience. It has A LOT of option parts and hop-ups plus you could put a more power full and faster engine in it late down the road if you want.

Hope this helped!

i dont really know what goes faster though. i think they are pretty close speed wise.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Tmaxx or REVO?

Go for the Revo. Better handling. More durable. Easier to tune. Easier to fix. Better performer in every category over the tmaxx. I own 2 tmaxxs and they are the big pain in the a$$. To fix anything on the tmaxx you have to do some major diassembly where as the revo looks alot more user friendly, especially for some one new. If you can't afford a revo you will be happy with a tmaxx... until you have to fix it. Then you are going to hate it.

You should also look into the Savage as well. Very powerful, very very durable. It won't perform as well on the track because it isn't very adjustable, but if you plan to do some major jumps, the savage is the way to go.
Conclusion -

If all you are going to do is bash get the Savage.
If you plan to bash as well as race get the revo.

If you can help it DO NOT GET A TMAXX!!! Their good trucks but there are much better options for the price. Hope this helped.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would still like to know what goes faster, but it will be a RtR because Im 14 and I dont know anything yet. Whats the special edition, and how long will it be around for? I might use it on the street at times but if you guys warn me about bad things now I will try to avoid it, exept for a few tempting times . It wont be for racing, I might do that when I have a car to get places, and of course a good job to buy vehicles and hopups. But me and friends build little 2-3 foot jumps beginning of every summer (dang home owner association people get rid of em at winter "Its a hazzard blah blah blah) but are those small jumps still fun?
Old 08-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Tech Addict

I have a Revo and its great The Tmaxx needs hopups to be durable And the Savage is a Beast just a big nasty truck All Three are Fast in a straight line,The Revo will turn the Fastest lap times Out of the Box.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

The t-maxx isnt harder to tune than the revo, its the same engine but w/ a diff coolin head
Old 08-12-2005, 07:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Revo is the fastest, but doesn't beat out the tmaxx by much. The savage will be fast off the line but it has low gearing to take advantage of the horsepower. It is hard to tune the suspension on the tmaxx. Especially the shocks that are closest to the chassis.

Max speeds
Revo - 45 takes a good runway to hit that speed
Tmaxx - 44 takes a good runway to hit that speed
Savage - 36 in stock gearing, will hit higher speeds with higher gears
Old 08-12-2005, 07:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Lol, those are all pretty slow. What are good hopups to make any of them faster?
Old 08-12-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Initiate

If you get a revo I would suggest either the OS .18 TM, the OS .18 TZ, or the Sirio .23 engine that is designed for the Tmaxx/Revo. The TM gets about 1.6 hp and you can put the EZ Start on it. The TZ gets about 2.28 hp but you can NOT use the EZ start and this will not work on a tmaxx, you would also need to get a starter box (about $50) to start the TZ motor. The .23 has alot of power and can use the EZ start. Most big block engines will not fit the Revo (unless they say otherwise) without the big block installation kit($50). The savage comes with a big block and has alot of power out of the box. Most big blocks will fit in the Savage with out problems.
Oh yeah, the stock TRX 2.5 has about 1.3 hp. I would also suggest the wide ratio 2 speed gear set for more speed out of the Revo($7).

http://www.teamtrinity.com/sirio/23/sirio_23.html
http://www.osengines.com/engines/car.html
http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitr...ccessories.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.