Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Offical ARRMA KRATON MT thread >

Offical ARRMA KRATON MT thread

Like Tree20Likes

Offical ARRMA KRATON MT thread

Old 11-26-2014, 03:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Do you guys think the typhon has the same problems? I really like the new arrma vehicles and i like the typhon better.

Also i heard from my lha that the typhon and the vorza are the same thing with a different shell and electronics. Is this true?
Old 11-26-2014, 05:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

lol no they are not the same. I mean they're both buggies, but that's about it. The Vorza is based on the Hot Bodies D8 platform, where the Typhon is based on the Durango DEX408.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by heeelmooi
lol no they are not the same. I mean they're both buggies, but that's about it. The Vorza is based on the Hot Bodies D8 platform, where the Typhon is based on the Durango DEX408.
thats what i thought. i was just making sure
Old 11-26-2014, 11:18 AM
Tech Addict

Does anyone know if the kraton shares any parts with the durango??
Old 11-26-2014, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Monkeyman117
Do you guys think the typhon has the same problems? I really like the new arrma vehicles and i like the typhon better.
Both use the same wing mounts. Typhons a bit lighter so not as much kinetic
energy when tumbling but still a weak point .
I've drilled and put a 2 inch long bolt extending to the rear in the center of the shock tower to keep the wing from applying down force to the mount
also put 1/2 inch washers on either side of the cross brace where it was snapping to spread the clamping force out.
So far so good
Old 11-26-2014, 11:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Fairly sure the A-arms are identical as well, probably other stuff too.
Old 11-27-2014, 03:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shawner85
Does anyone know if the kraton shares any parts with the durango??
The New Durango that he is referring to is not out yet. Just some random photos of the prototype that Ryan Lutz was running before he quit Durango.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Micah78
The New Durango that he is referring to is not out yet. Just some random photos of the prototype that Ryan Lutz was running before he quit Durango.
Oh ok my bad, I thought it was based off the current durango truggy. I compared the two and thought to myself.... "I dont see how they're similar but i'll trust people" lol.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Oh ok my bad, I thought it was based off the current durango truggy. I compared the two and thought to myself.... "I dont see how they're similar but i'll trust people" lol.
I like the "old" or current Durango buggy and truggy with the aluminum front, center, and rear bulkheads. I can't tell from the pics of the new stuff but, it looks like they've dropped the aluminum pieces which sucks really. To me that's what made the Durango better quality than the rest. Now they will probably be mostly plastic like everyone else. I bet they will still charge an arm and a leg for their new kits.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:55 AM
Tech Addict

I never got around to ordering the durango truggy even tho I always wanted it. The main reason I wanted it was the aluminum bulkheads. I love the look of them and also knowing they aren't going to get cracked or warped is a huge plus for me. Hopefully they keep them...
Old 11-27-2014, 07:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

I never got around to ordering the durango truggy even tho I always wanted it. The main reason I wanted it was the aluminum bulkheads. I love the look of them and also knowing they aren't going to get cracked or warped is a huge plus for me. Hopefully they keep them...
My main beef with the plastic stuff is stripping screw holes. I've stripped the center bulkhead screw holes on my RC8T countless times. The pieces hold the center diff in the truck. I've been playing with different diff oils which requires frequent removal of those screws. One of them on my truck right now is stripped. Damn thing stripped the first time I ran a screw in it. Integy and Asiatees are both "out of stock" on this aluminum hop up. I'm almost thinking I should buy a DNX 408T before their gone !! lol!
Old 11-27-2014, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

Agree 100%, cant count the number of bulkheads i've replaced on my rc8.2e. Then on my savage xs the bulkhead was causing a oblong gear mesh which cost me a diff rebuild, diff gears, and i went with an aluminum gearbox. Hate hate hate plastic bulkheads lol
Old 11-27-2014, 08:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Agree 100%, cant count the number of bulkheads i've replaced on my rc8.2e. Then on my savage xs the bulkhead was causing a oblong gear mesh which cost me a diff rebuild, diff gears, and i went with an aluminum gearbox. Hate hate hate plastic bulkheads lol
Every mfg. Makes their buggys/truggies this way. Plastic a arms and wing mounts are good but aluminum would be nice everwhere else. I built a Supermaxx back in the day and it was awesome except the tranny. I beat the crap out of it and it took it. After spending lots of money rebuilding the tranny with lots of aftermarket goodies I gave up and sold it.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Just picked one up myself tonight. Going to play with it tomorrow after I charge up the new batteries I picked up just for it.

Anyone know what the stock oil in the shocks is? To me the buggy just seems to be slung too low at rest and I'm wondering about putting something heavier in there.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Don't know what the oil was, looked like 40 when I cleaned em out and put in associated 80 weight also turned shock adjusters all the way down . that got rid of the hard slap down on landing jumps .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.