Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Offical ARRMA KRATON MT thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 07:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Aha. Thanks. I have several of those buzzers for my planes and quads.

On the MT4 G3, iirc, you have to reduce the LVC via the program card, somehow tricking the ESC... Othwerwise the LVC, normally set for 4s, would just reduce your driving time... Or something like that..

I recently moved, and still have no internet at home.. Grrr. Anyway, no Youtube videos....
Yeah, I think since many beginners buy the Arrma cars the automatic LiPo cut-off is the safest way and eliminates mistakes. If you have a buzzer just put the ESC in NiMh mode which you can easily do with the set button and attach the buzzer to the car so you don't forget it
goreyboggs likes this.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Isn't the V2 esc a Hobbywing? I have another car with a basic 100A HW esc with more settings like 6 lipo cuts, 3 running modes, 8 drag brake forces and 5 max brake forces.

So has Arrma nerfed the BLX185?
Old 10-07-2017, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Maxxi92: Nice videos. It was cool to see the Kraton with a Race setup.

I've found while making my videos that unless the vehicle is in full sunlight it comes across as too dark on YouTube.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yes nulli, its a rebranded hobbywing but special software made for more easy use and less options to destroy your LiPos The Arrma ESC in my opinion has all the important adjustment but is easy enough to not confuse an inexperienced driver

Thanks Backyard RC. The Kraton truly is a fast race machine and I look forward to next season to see how competitive I can get the car, I have high hopes

Still working on my filming and editing skills but I guess they will improve with time!
Old 11-11-2017, 09:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

+ https://youtu.be/cHpFHNFX5pY" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
https://youtu.be/cHpFHNFX5pY"> https://youtu.be/cHpFHNFX5pY" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

My buddy just kicking but with his Kraton at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA.
Old 11-12-2017, 02:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Not available?
Old 02-21-2018, 01:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That center Bracket on the Kraton that sticks up real high from the center of the chassis, is that mainly used to support the body, can it easily be removed from the chassis or where ever it's mounted to ? I like the v3 kraton and i would not mind having one, but to me that center bracket is so Tackey looking and i would want to know that it is easily removed and there's no negatives performance wise from removing it ?
Old 02-21-2018, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The cage is held on with 2 long pins, mounted to a bracket attached to the top of the center diff housing. These each have a body clip on one end - pull the body clip, slid out the 2 pins, and the cage comes off. That only leaves a small plate on the top of the diff - held on by the same 4 screws that hole the diff top plate down. First time you service the CD, just don't re-install that roll cage plate.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JerryRigged
The cage is held on with 2 long pins, mounted to a bracket attached to the top of the center diff housing. These each have a body clip on one end - pull the body clip, slid out the 2 pins, and the cage comes off. That only leaves a small plate on the top of the diff - held on by the same 4 screws that hole the diff top plate down. First time you service the CD, just don't re-install that roll cage plate.
Ahhh perfect thanks very much good sir for the info , now to choose between this and the updated new e-revo that is bein released soon hmm.

On a side not it always amazes me how a thread can have over 1000 posts then one day just nobody posts in said thread anymore i say this because i seen nobody has posted in here in the past 3 months till i did, which is surprising because looking at the number of youtube videos of the kraton and it seemingly very popular and with the v3 bein released kind of recently i figured there would be people talking bout it in here
Old 02-21-2018, 03:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOSI 8IGHTE 2.0
Ahhh perfect thanks very much good sir for the info , now to choose between this and the updated new e-revo that is bein released soon hmm.

On a side not it always amazes me how a thread can have over 1000 posts then one day just nobody posts in said thread anymore i say this because i seen nobody has posted in here in the past 3 months till i did, which is surprising because looking at the number of youtube videos of the kraton and it seemingly very popular and with the v3 bein released kind of recently i figured there would be people talking bout it in here
This forum has always been race oriented, so trucks like the Kraton will never get much love on here.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Kraton got a lot of love till the MT410 was released... LOL.

Other forums, Kraton still gets lots of love, but I think Time Machine has the right of it for here. All the racer guys moved to the Tekno kits. Full time bashers don't come here much, they lurk in more basher-oriented forums.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Also, this tread covered a ton of information about the V1/V2 Kraton's, so if you just search the thread, your probably find the answer your looking for.

No doubt the V3 is the best one yet...but until the platform changes, don't expect this thread to really take off again. My V2 with some light upgrades is just as fun now as it was when I bought it and I still think that the 1/8th scale Arrma lineup is the best RTR's for the money.

The Tekno MT410 holds as king of the bashers, at least to me, but not everyone has $1000.00+ to spend on a rig, so for half that, ~$500 bucks, it doesn't get much better then these in the RTR world.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Can't find a V3 anywhere in my area, one LHS said je should know when he'll get more in after the auction of the company on the 26.

How bad could this be for getting parts? I already have a rival mt i can't get parts for and dont want to end up in that same boat..m
Old 03-21-2018, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

[URL]
Old 03-23-2018, 06:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Default What parts do you need for your rival.

What parts do you need for your rival. There is a lady on Facebook market place by the name of Beth Scott that has a ton of parts for the Rival.

Originally Posted by morfeeis
Can't find a V3 anywhere in my area, one LHS said je should know when he'll get more in after the auction of the company on the 26.

How bad could this be for getting parts? I already have a rival mt i can't get parts for and dont want to end up in that same boat..m

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.