Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Savage xl clutch problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

its dirty but it doesnt look to be in that bad of shape. How did you get those gears to stick to the ceiling? XD

dont know of the part for that offhand, take a look the XL manual.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I got a savage XL that I got a good deal on recently, but it is in the same shape as yours.. just about to pull everything off and go through it. But my rear diff looks the same as yours.. dirty as all heck...

I am however going to have to buy a new nitro engine, as the one now is fried... the cracked and scorched... I was thinking about going brushless on it, but not sure yet..As i know I will have to change the trans gears.. It has the 3 spd right now..

any help guys?
Old 03-11-2014, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The inside of the rear bulkhead will always get that dirty. The grease will fling off the gears and youll get the glitter effect from the metal to metal contact.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by splashn95
I got a savage XL that I got a good deal on recently, but it is in the same shape as yours.. just about to pull everything off and go through it. But my rear diff looks the same as yours.. dirty as all heck...

I am however going to have to buy a new nitro engine, as the one now is fried... the cracked and scorched... I was thinking about going brushless on it, but not sure yet..As i know I will have to change the trans gears.. It has the 3 spd right now..

any help guys?

There is one site I know of that will sell you a whole kit and a motor for brushless..
http://kershawdesigns.com/SavageBrushlessConversion.htm