Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Buying a new Nitro monster truck. Needing input >

Buying a new Nitro monster truck. Needing input

Buying a new Nitro monster truck. Needing input

Old 03-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

big block is the way to go in rc.. especially if you want big power and long run times.. they dont overheat as much as a small block and the lifespan is alot longer i think..
Old 03-03-2014, 07:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

try this place:

BayShore Hobbies
2054 Sunrise Hwy, Bay Shore, NY 11706
Phone: (631) 968-8547

If someone will have what your looking for, its him. He has more stock than Tower.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:13 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by racer83l
try this place:

BayShore Hobbies
2054 Sunrise Hwy, Bay Shore, NY 11706
Phone: (631) 968-8547

If someone will have what your looking for, its him. He has more stock than Tower.

Dude thanks alot. He had the exact truck I was looking for that has been discontinued for over a year!
Old 03-04-2014, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

what did you buy?
Old 03-04-2014, 05:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by GvilleFloridaR1
Dude thanks alot. He had the exact truck I was looking for that has been discontinued for over a year!
Your welcome.. He is such a nice guy. his store is about 45 minutes from me (I pass about 5 other hobby shops to get to him.) He literally has just about every r/c there is in his store.

As soon as you walk into his store your jaw will it the floor. IMO he should definitely should be selling online
Old 03-04-2014, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default lucky

I gave the guy a call to see if he had more than 1 for sale and the answer was no as I had anticipated. Your a lucky guy Florida I also have looked for that same one since it was discontinued. Congrats to you. I'll probably pick one up on here or eBay and restore it back to as close to original as possible.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Gville, did you end up buying hte monster truck or are you going with a buggy? Or both? Im also thinking about the nitro buggy.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bigdawgsavage
what did you buy?
Probably the only brand new in the box losi lst xxl left in the nation!

Your welcome.. He is such a nice guy. his store is about 45 minutes from me (I pass about 5 other hobby shops to get to him.) He literally has just about every r/c there is in his store.

As soon as you walk into his store your jaw will it the floor. IMO he should definitely should be selling online
Thanks again man. That tip really came thru for me

Originally Posted by waller2010
I gave the guy a call to see if he had more than 1 for sale and the answer was no as I had anticipated. Your a lucky guy Florida I also have looked for that same one since it was discontinued. Congrats to you. I'll probably pick one up on here or eBay and restore it back to as close to original as possible.
Yea man. It blew my mind when he had one. I jumped all over it.

Gville, did you end up buying hte monster truck or are you going with a buggy? Or both? Im also thinking about the nitro buggy.
I bought the losi tlr 8 3.0 nitro buggy kit and a Losi lst xxl
Old 03-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I know this place, its been a few years since I've stopped in there though. Last time I was there he didn't have too much rc, mostly the front corner by the register. The rest of the place was stacked floor to ceiling with static models. I had to get out of there once I saw all the Tamiya static kits! But I should stop in there again. If I had I might have ended up with the XXL instead of Gville!

My go to is Action Hobbies though. Good people, good prices, etc. I definitely know what you mean about passing up other shops to get to another though. These two are the only ones that will get my money.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:11 AM
Suspended

I received my lst xxl today. Man this thing is badass