Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Finished Savage 25 to BL Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 02:22 AM
Tech Regular

Haha, yep love the video, and the 1717 does seem pretty uncrontrollable. Might go the 1520 then. Thanks for the advice and I will definitely check your build thread over on RCM. Cheers dude!
Old 05-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

I see that you run the flux flm tvp's, I am running the nitro version extended lcg tvp's. I was thinking of ripping out the 3 speed tranny and putting in an RCM centre diff setup. Do you see any issues doing this with the nitro tvp's rather that the flux tvp's?
Old 05-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

No you will be fine. It's a good idea to go with a center diff because a 3 speed has no business in a high power brushless truck. There is so much torque that it would shift straight to 3rd or blow up. That's my guess anyway.

Just make sure you play around with center dog bones. That was the hardest part of my build. They were either too long or two short. A center diff will have different spacing than the 3 speed. You may get lucky and just have to move the diff up a little if the bones are too long.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:12 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks man, No issues with dogbones luckily. A friend of mine can make them for me to the length required. Takes a while, as he only does orders of 10 or more at a time. So we just put in our requests, and wait till he has enough requests to do a batch of 10 up. They are top quality, and take the hassle out of searching for the correct length. Looks like I will be ordering an RCM mount in the near future. Will post up a build thread when things start to come along.