Community
Wiki Posts
Search

losi lst

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 03:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up losi lst

Question just bought 2 lsts for 200 bucks. One has a high low option on trans and reverse servo. And other has no high low option and no reverse servo. Is this OK or do I need to switch trans?
Old 12-30-2013, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

?kinda confused as to what you mean by this?
Old 12-30-2013, 08:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Have no hi low adjustment knob on transmission and no reverse either so have 3 servos in total compared to the other which has 4
Old 12-30-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Well yeah f you have no hi-low and no reverse then you only need three servos. I'm not really sure what your question is.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Is it just me or does Earl type just like he sounds with tobacco in his mouth? LOL Sorry to poke fun, but you do have to explain yourself better,

The truck with Hi/Low and reverse is likely an original LST or LST1. The other is likely a Aftershock. Hi/low is basically useless unless you're going to try and crawl the truck or do some sled pulling. Leave it in Hi and enjoy having the option of reverse when you need it. If your radio doesn't have the 3rd channel for reverse leave the servo in to keep the trans in forward. The only advantage the forward only trans has is that it is lighter with less rotational mass since it doesn't have all the Hi/Low and reverse gears. When the Hi/Low trans in Hi the gearing is the same as the other trans.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Before I begin I must spit lmao, but what you said makes perfect sense. It was one of those things that you can say it to yourself but elaborating it to others well fail.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Glad you saw the fun in it instead of taking it too seriously. Hope it also answered your question. What was the question exactly? lol
Old 12-30-2013, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Overdriven
Glad you saw the fun in it instead of taking it too seriously. Hope it also answered your question. What was the question exactly? lol
lol