R/C Tech Forums

Sponsored by:
Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks

Old 11-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Thumbs up Proline E-Maxx A Arms

I installed a full set of Proline A Arms, and while I can't speak of RPM vs them durability, I was thrilled when I drove it tonight. When I was installing them I noticed the lower shock mount was farther out, about 3/16 of an inch, than RPM or stock, though it still has four holes. What this means is it moves the lower shock outwards and removes body roll. I mounted the shocks all the way outside for minimum roll. That also places the A Arms almost horizontal which is where I usually lash the rear anyway. You do lose a little up travel with the shocks mounted all the way out, but soooo worth it.

When I drove it tonight, it drove like a Ferrari. NO body roll at all. When the tires did break loose in uber hard cornering, it would just go into a long flat slide. It didn't flip one time in 45 minutes of running, rough grass and the street. I couldn't get over the difference by just replacing stock with those.

Their half the price of RPM's and I would make them a first upgrade on my Maxx from now on.
spookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

The joys of suspension tuning!

You can do the same thing by putting a mm or so of spacers in the shock, just run stiffer springs and oil too.
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #3
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePanda View Post
The joys of suspension tuning!

You can do the same thing by putting a mm or so of spacers in the shock, just run stiffer springs and oil too.
I know lol, I already run dual rates, thicker oil, piggybacks, even ran lashes on the rear arms to control roll out of corners, but that T/E Maxx tip/ dip always bothered me lol. I was even considering that dreaded shock mod, to shorten travel. I'm pretty pleased now, this now has less roll than a Revo.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have a set of them too but I thought proline stopped making them? I have a set of the originals..
Brokenparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #5
Tech Master

I think they did, they were originally for the (narrow) Pro Maxx upgrade to widetrack setup they sold, but tons of new ones still available on Ebay. I went ahead and bought another spare pair. If you want something much chunkier than stock, but don't want to spend $12 a set for Rpm's, these are an option.
Pro-Line 6008-00 Maxx Suspension Replacement arm kit for 6007 suspension kits
Price:
US $3.99
Shipping:
$1.92 Standard Shipping

Here's a search on Ebay for them, tons of them left
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40