JUST BOUGHT A T-MAXX...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JUST BOUGHT A T-MAXX...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 01:51 PM
Tech Initiate

i was wundering what do you normaly do before, during, and after you use your rcs. ex: add gas, check to see if anythings wrong, clean it...
Old 06-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Tech Initiate

what size springs do the t-maxx use??? the same as the savage.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:51 PM
Tech Initiate

nevermind about the springs. if you spray paint the springs, is there any special way to do it???
Old 06-23-2005, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

There is a way but i can't remember at this time.

Have a close look at http://www.rcnitro.com/rn/articles/index.asp they cover absolutely everything about nitro engines etc.You will be a nitro pro in no time.

Sean
Old 06-23-2005, 05:04 PM
Tech Initiate

you need to do alot of reading,here's a link to a list of different articles covering everything from engine tuning,to how glow plugs and clutches work.take some time and read through some of the articles so you have an idea of how the different systems work.

http://www.rc-resources.com/cgi/search.cgi?cat=5

also,do yourself a favour and spend a few extra bucks on a temp gun,the worst thing you can do is run your engine too lean and overheat it.with a temp gun you'll be able to monitor your engine's temperature and ensure that you don't ruin it.you'd also be smart to invest in a failsafe,if you ever lose radio contact or if your batteries go low it'll keep your truck from taking off at full speed and potentialy destroying itself or hurting someone.good luck.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Tech Initiate

about the temp gun, what are the good temperatures for a t-maxx???
Old 06-23-2005, 08:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

just watch the dvd that the car comes with it has every thing
Old 06-24-2005, 07:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MONSTER_JAMZ89
about the temp gun, what are the good temperatures for a t-maxx???
I dont think he will have to worry about that for a while, the T-Maxx has a thing on it, and it shuts off the engine if gets too hot
Old 06-24-2005, 11:45 AM
Tech Initiate

what exactly is this "thing" you're talking about? you must know something that everyone else doesn't,because I know for a fact there is nothing on the maxx that will shut it down if temps get too hot.anyone who owns a maxx will tell you that overheating is a big concern on these 2.5 engines,they are probably one of the toughest engines to tune and don't come with the greatest heatsink to begin with,so a temp gun is a must with these.to answer the temp question,normal temps are usually about 210F to 260F for smallblocks like the 2.5
Old 06-24-2005, 01:28 PM
Tech Initiate

how often do you check the temperature on the 2.5????????
Old 06-24-2005, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MONSTER_JAMZ89
how often do you check the temperature on the 2.5????????

as often as u like. check it after 5 mins of running. if u dont have a temp gun, use the spit method where u spit on the engines head and see if its too hot. go to rc websites and read the FAQ (frequently asked questions)
Old 06-24-2005, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dragonfire xray
what exactly is this "thing" you're talking about? you must know something that everyone else doesn't,because I know for a fact there is nothing on the maxx that will shut it down if temps get too hot.anyone who owns a maxx will tell you that overheating is a big concern on these 2.5 engines,they are probably one of the toughest engines to tune and don't come with the greatest heatsink to begin with,so a temp gun is a must with these.to answer the temp question,normal temps are usually about 210F to 260F for smallblocks like the 2.5
well my friend just bought a Brand new T-maxx a couple months ago, and his automatically shuts down if the engine starts to overheat. That is what I am talking about, I dont know if it is on all of them, maybe just the NEW ones, but his did this right out of the box, it even said something about it in the manual and in the video, and my LHS, said that it is normal...
Old 06-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Tech Initiate

well if the new t-maxxes have that, then i guess i'll get that to. but i think its still a good idea to get a temp gun so i don't overheat the engine.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:37 PM
Tech Addict

See, you are starting to learn already! Definately, if you want, and have money, get a temo gun...
Old 06-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dyer13
well my friend just bought a Brand new T-maxx a couple months ago, and his automatically shuts down if the engine starts to overheat. That is what I am talking about, I dont know if it is on all of them, maybe just the NEW ones, but his did this right out of the box, it even said something about it in the manual and in the video, and my LHS, said that it is normal...
how does it work?

all engines will shutdown if they run too hot for too long.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.