Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Revo into race truck >

Revo into race truck

Revo into race truck

Old 06-19-2005, 08:28 PM
RPC
Tech Adept

Default Revo into race truck

Hi, i just bought a revo and am building it for a race truck, now i have a few questions on this before i do so.

1 - what is the best way to make a single steering servo conversion or should i just run 2 high speed high torq servo's I plan on running the jr 8800 should i run 2 of them?
2 - i will be removing the ez start and reverse should i keep the opti drive or get rid of it?
3 - and whats the best way to make the truck lighter without harming stability.

Thanks, Ryan
Old 06-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Cool

I dont know the specs on the JR but I run a single Airtronics 94359z (200oz/.10@6volt) for steering and 94357z for gas/brake (125oz/.07@6volt) Opti drive is dead weight after you take reverse out The FOC will include a blockoff plate for the receiver door After you make those mods drive it you will not believe how much faster it will be,the lighter your truck gets the more responsive it becomes which sometimes means harder to drive Try to stick with tires that mount on Revo wheels they are very light and improve acceleration.This is only a fraction of the possible Mods you can make,The best thing is to race and see what mods help or hurt
Attached Thumbnails Revo into race truck-103_0319.jpg   Revo into race truck-103_0320.jpg   Revo into race truck-103_0318.jpg  
Old 06-20-2005, 09:52 PM
RPC
Tech Adept

Thanks, so far ive been working on the truck today and have mounted the 2 jr servo's. they are 145oz/.08@6v each so ill have around 290oz/.08@6v for the both of them, and right now i have the stock throttle servo but intend to replace it before i run the truck, i bought a set of 40 series bowties with proline 40 series wheels with 23mm hex's. mip shiny cvd's throught the car front rear and center drives, lunsford hinge pins, push rods and turnbuckle's. and a proline crowd pleaser body. removed ez start system with a trx pullstart but might be upgrading the motor and getting a starter box. If you can think of any other mods that will help me out i would appreciate it.

Thanks, Ryan