Wiki Posts
Search

Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntrain42
I actually don't own one single HPI product. Not a fan of the Savage platform at all, but Im a fan of cheap, generic, rip off, knock off clones even less. But nice try chewy.
So now you resort to name calling. What do you mean by chewy. No one here asked for your opinion. This isn't a negative forum. Yep my truck was cheap In price.so you don't own either but you trying to say one is better than the other. Grow up. You have no say cuz ya don't own either. You want to support American made go right ahead. I support what I can afford. Ill never spend 1000 dollars on a rc.you have neither so your opinion is useless. Move on Lil boy. We don't care if it's a clone or whatever you wish to call it. You have no real info to add. Other than what you think. And you have already proven thinking isn't your strong suit.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:57 AM
Tech Initiate

I'd just ignore him. Eventually they'll move on and voice their opinions elsewhere. I'm looking forward to getting back home and getting the Beast set back up. I'm vacationing and ended up bringing the e-revo with me, so I could race my kiddo. If the Beast was ready, I definitely would have brought that instead! I'm sure the Beast will fly on 6S, I just gotta make sure it's stable at the speeds it will attain.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:18 PM
Tech Rookie

I had a Exceed infinity. It was a decent RC especially for $175. With prob $100 worth of upgrades which you have to do to HPI, LOSI, Traxxas anyway it would have been a beast. The only reason I got rid of it was the parts support is terrible. My LHS didn't carry any parts that would work with it and ordering them from the manufacture took forever. Other than that it was a decent rig. I would say for getting into the hobby to see if your even going to like it there a great starting point or if your a once a month basher. I wouldn't recommend them for track racing merely for the parts support. That's just my .2 cents.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Parts are never carried at the lhs for exceed. But nitro has them. And extremely cheap. Majority of the time shipping is more than parts.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by flou
Parts are never carried at the lhs for exceed. But nitro has them. And extremely cheap. Majority of the time shipping is more than parts.
Yeah that's what I found was the shipping was more than the actual part LOL. I don't bash much anymore is the main reason I sold mine. Both my electric rigs are track only cars and my too bashers are my revo and jato that are dust collectors now but I have so much money tied up in them I would rather them sit than give them away. I did try to interchange some Traxxas parts and some worked but the main driveline I couldn't find any parts to interchange. There not a bad rig though especially for the price. I enjoyed mine while I had it. My buddy has a exceeds drift car with a castle ESC and man that thing is a beast on 6S. It is a awesome drift car too. The one thing Exceeds has going that no other manufacture makes besides them is they have 1/8 scale drift cars. Redcat may have them now but Exceeds was the first.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Exceed Vehicles...

My son and I started with a couple of those 1/10 scale Exceed Dynamite's. They were okay, but they kept breaking rear uprights. I swapped in some aluminum A-arms on mine and bought a bunch of replacement uprights. I dug the thing out of storage a few weeks ago and realized the missus drove it into a gas meter years ago, breaking the front hub carrier. I'll use the other car as a donor vehicle and get mine running again just for kicks. It won't hold up to mild bashing as it stands right now, but I'm looking to see how I can turn it into a 1/10 scale terror! Oh here's a few pics of it and also a pic of my beast from last summer. It's gonna look a bit different in few weeks...can't wait!!
Attached Thumbnails Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck-beast3.jpg   Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck-imag0261_zps14xbffx8.jpg   Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck-dynamite.jpg  
Old 03-31-2015, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flou
HobbyPartz and NitroRCX changed their shipping policy for spare parts.

HobbyParz: $6.95 flat rate or free for orders over $50
NitroRCX: free for orders over $25
Old 03-31-2015, 10:06 AM
Tech Initiate

I've played the "anticipate broken parts" game with my rc's in order to prevent high shipping costs from those sites. I still feel they are a bit excessive. Luckily my last order from Hobbypartz was over $50 and got some stuff for the Beast and my son's Mad Warrior.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

No matter the difficulty of parts. I still love my beast.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Default The Beast......AKA Bluto.

Goliath's installed (which are HUGE!!), shock repaired and installed, basher body reinforced and mount holes just need reaming. She's gonna see 6s this afternoon.....and I'm frightened!! I should get around to painting the body today. It'll be my first go at it, so I expect to make some mistakes, but it should be a fun experience.
Attached Thumbnails Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck-imag0277_zpspivvej7m.jpg   Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck-imag0278_zpsljhku27g.jpg   Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck-imag0279_zps7pzardbt.jpg   Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck-imag0275_zps7yzgnxvd.jpg   Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck-imag0276_zpsriqht2g7.jpg  

Last edited by scooper; 04-03-2015 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Tell us about it. I like those wheels. What's the size difference to stock. My stocks are 6.75 inch tall
Old 04-04-2015, 11:13 PM
Tech Initiate

The shoes are HPI Goliath's on Tremor Wheels.
I got this info from Tower Hobbies:
Tire-
Outer Diameter: 7.01" (177mm)
Inner Diameter: 4.4" (112mm)
Width: 2.84" (72mm)
Wheel-
Outer Diameter: 4.4" (112mm)
These are some big heavy shoes for the Beast. This truck seems to like 6s. Had a bit of a boo-boo today-bad solder joint on BEC came apart doing a standing backflip. Now BEC is not working, so some troubleshooting is in order! Oh, and I clipped a mailbox going about 20mph and bent the aluminum steering linkage. Had to hammer it flat again, and works like a charm! That's a lot of weight I'm throwing around to have it come to a sudden jolt like it sustained, and still she begs for more abuse. Looking forward to hitting some big dirt jumps with this!
Attached Thumbnails Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck-imag0291_zpsmjbpctph.jpg   Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck-imag0290_zpsbjr2cjxd.jpg  
Old 04-05-2015, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scooper
The shoes are HPI Goliath's on Tremor Wheels.
I got this info from Tower Hobbies:
Tire-
Outer Diameter: 7.01" (177mm)
Inner Diameter: 4.4" (112mm)
Wheel-
Outer Diameter: 4.4" (112mm)
These are some big heavy shoes for the Beast. This truck seems to like 6s. Had a bit of a boo-boo today-bad solder joint on BEC came apart doing a standing backflip. Now BEC is not working, so some troubleshooting is in order! Oh, and I clipped a mailbox going about 20mph and bent the aluminum steering linkage. Had to hammer it flat again, and works like a charm! That's a lot of weight I'm throwing around to have it come to a sudden jolt like it sustained, and still she begs for more abuse. Looking forward to hitting some big dirt jumps with this!
I'm not 6s capable but when I am I do believe I'll be after a set of those. I haven't upgraded stock servo either so I'm not needing bec.but I will be. Just got called back to work so the rc fund can replenish
Old 04-07-2015, 12:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Here's a few pics of what I'm working with when I go out and bash. Both are fun to drive, but the Beast is my baby. I've spent a considerable amount of time getting to know what it prefers!
Attached Thumbnails Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck-imag0297_zps58kxge9e.jpg   Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck-imag0305_zpscsiz0em7.jpg   Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck-imag0311_zpsyfemlbdv.jpg   Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck-imag0315_zpskqndsbfk.jpg  

Last edited by scooper; 04-07-2015 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Prepped and ready for paint. Now to decide what color scheme to run with.
Attached Thumbnails Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck-imag0330_zpshzhkotrf.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.