Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck >

Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck

Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck

Old 01-10-2015, 11:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Mad Beast...it lives!!!

I'm still impressed with my Mad Beast after owning it for a few years. It's not stock anymore as it is using a savage flux roll bar, wheelie bar, body mounts and terrapins, as well as a solar d772 servo sometimes running off a no brainer bec. It has recently acquired a new 2000kv motor and a Hobbywing 150a ESC, and runs great. Since rebuilding it, I have beaten the heck out of it and can say it is as durable as they come, with castor blocks(C-Hubs) being the only consistent weak point (for me at least!) I believe that the manufacturing mold they use has a flaw which causes them to break in the same place every time-front or rear. I'm currently sourcing alternatives, but since that part is only 2 bucks a pair, I've built up a bit of a reserve stash!

Last edited by scooper; 01-10-2015 at 11:43 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:37 PM
Tech Initiate

ok. here is my deal. I keep shredding the stock diff spiders. ive replaced them with savage spiders that have been ground down. I plan to replace the whole front and rear diff/shock tower assy with HPI savage parts. I hope the arms will fit. then I plan to get the XL TVPs and dogbones, then the Flux Transmission. effectively building a savage on the cheap. then I plan to destroy the Mad Beast parts with FIRE!!! I have already driven this mad beast through a fire! it was cool. I have a video of it Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIIx_DfneUs

anyways. I love the savage trucks. and I like these shocks. im going to make a beast and im not going to spend that much on it! its going to be cool. why don't I just buy a savage, you might say?? because I need to tinker and I like this idea better!

Here is some fin un the mud!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEFTdc_4yQQ
Old 01-16-2015, 08:21 PM
Tech Initiate

@tmoon---
I noticed during both of those videos, that there is a strange sound coming from either the transmission, slipper, motor, or the diffs. It almost sounds like there are teeth missing from a gear somewhere. I personally have only trashed the rear diff once quite a long time ago. I carefully rebuilt it, shimming where necessary, and have not had any problems with it. The front was torn apart since I was doing a rebuild at the time, and showed no issues, so it was just re-lubed and put back together. All the driving has been on 4S, but will soon see 5S and 6S once my 3S batteries come in. I'll keep ya posted as to how they hold up with the additional power. In the meantime, keep on bashing!
Old 01-17-2015, 07:30 AM
Tech Initiate

the sound is one missing tooth from the rear diff. no big deal. lol
Old 02-11-2015, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default bought one

Well I ordered my new mad beast Monday. I'm looking forward to it arriving. I have been window shopping for 6 months. This is my first ever eighth scale anything. I have a 4x4 pede I have hopped up a bit and a2wd slash that can run. But I'm sure you know how it is. Bigger is better.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by flou
Well I ordered my new mad beast Monday. I'm looking forward to it arriving. I have been window shopping for 6 months. This is my first ever eighth scale anything. I have a 4x4 pede I have hopped up a bit and a2wd slash that can run. But I'm sure you know how it is. Bigger is better.
I'm selling one as a roller. Pm if interested. It's got almost everything to keep you covered in case of a breakage! Super cheap!
Old 02-11-2015, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tmoon
I'm selling one as a roller. Pm if interested. It's got almost everything to keep you covered in case of a breakage! Super cheap!
New to using forums. Don't know how to pm.but may be interested
Old 02-14-2015, 07:13 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm looking at a used frame for this right now, but it looks like by the time I buy all the parts I need, it's not even worth the price of free, and it's $50. Needs 8 shocks, motor, esc, servo, motor mount and battery holders and who knows whatever other surprises.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Default it's here!!!!

The beast arrived. I must say I like it. Like it allot. Didn't realize they were waterproof. Soo my first run was in 4 inches or so of sleet and snow. It was slinging rooster tails 4 foot high. Should have had the camera on. And yes the stock servo is lacking. Don't care tho. I'm happy for under 400 to my door.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCaddict0
I was reading over this and would say you don't have to replace the ESC. It's the RTR version of 80A xerun ( empty sensor port) and is a very reliable speed control.
Mine did not come with the 80a.mine came with 100a wp esc
Old 03-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Default still going

My madbeast us still ripping it up. Rear bumper is paper thin. Killed 2 bodies but that is it. I do enjoy this truck. Still running the stock 30c 3300mah gens ace 2x2s.going to 2 6500mah 40c nanotechpacks next.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Default MadBeast Love!!

Still got mine and she's doing just great. I snagged a new body which needs painting, found one of the original bodies in storage, secured the BEC, picked up some HPI Goliath's, repaired a shock shaft and got a couple 3s lipo's to really let her tear it up. Anyone else still enjoying theirs and if so, got any pics?
Attached Thumbnails Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck-%24_57.jpg   Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck-canvas.jpg   Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck-imag0021_zpsasf8uozi.jpg   Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck-imag0252_zpsgfsvcx6r.jpg   Exceed Mad Beast = A surprisingly good truck-imag0014_zpsfjktxqva.jpg  

Last edited by scooper; 03-26-2015 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Mine still survives. But all stock. Upgrades soon to come.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Nice flou! What kind of upgrades are you looking to do? Got any pic's?
Old 03-26-2015, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Hw 150a esc.unsure on motor. But I want full standing back flips without running 6s.I'd like to upgrade the f/r diff. I drove it today and thought I heard the tell tail clicking. Got the flux wheelie bar coming. I am using the proline bronco body on it. It's my avatar btw.body is My first paint job. And is rattle can. Candy root beer and silver. Well post some pics soon as I figure out how. I'm computer illiterate. I thought I would try different tires but I like the soft stockers. I'm open to any upgrades that won't break the bank in the short run. I'm open to ideas and suggestions as well. This is my first new mt.I traded into the hobby and am like a addict now. Traded some auto paint I would never use for a 4 pede. It came brushed. It's now running a tacon 3660 2200kv 2 pole and a very old sidewinder esc.and when the beast gets the 150a I'm putting the stock 100a in the 4 pede. I also have a2wd slash I never touch. Bought roller. Spent 150 on sensored 120a esc and 4000kv 8.5t.dialed it in. And there it sets. I have found my driving capabilites are limited to 4wd.and bashing not on a track. Don't want to be responsible for trashing a fellow hobbiests ride. But the beast had put a huge smile on my face every time I turn it on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.