Old 07-09-2005, 08:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Check It Out

www.rcauctionhouse.com
Just signup and get a $10.50 credit
Old 07-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ChrisOFNA
MGTMan: How many cans of Nitro Blast you you got!?

Ive been thinking of making my Ofan Ultra LX pro into a Truggie...
i usaually buy a couple cases i hate dirty truck lol and im sure you will have a blast with your ultr lx truggy when you are done
Old 07-15-2005, 02:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

The only reason i dont like truggies even though i really like the LSP. is that they can run in the MT class. That means that the more pure mts like savage tmaxx etc are racing up against buggies with big wheels and a truck body. The mbx5-t is dominating.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

WWW.RCPROSERIES.COM seems like some tracks are starting to adopt these rules for MT,Next year Truggies will be considered 1/8 scale ARENA TRUCKS,Catchy Name Truggies as we know them will have there own class.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:45 AM
Tech Addict

I agree with nitrod that mts and truggys should be in different classes. Nitro21, I love that design. I have a friend that i'm going to show this to. Has anybody seen the revo truggy in the traxxas forums? It's supposed to be one of the moderators trucks, but it looks almost too well engineered to be homemade.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Rookie

I just converted my old mbx-4 xr to a truggy.....i put dominator rims with komodo Dragon LP tires..AKA Cheater Tires.........And a truck body.......will report with how it runs and some pics.......
Old 08-03-2005, 06:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Even with cheater tires you will eat some clutches w/o regearing.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:29 PM
Tech Initiate

. what you people think about the mugen msr

thanks nate
Old 08-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

This thread needs some SeriouS terminology fixes!!!

First off Nitro21, You don't have a truggy!! That is a hybrid. A truggy is only a truggy when it starts off as a buggy "hense the ggy portion". Second off. You used a lightning chassis for the basis of your project Where is the front kick up? You must have mad bump steer!! did you regear the savage diff's? or did it actually hit 52mph? 13/43->50/13 is darn high!! And why did you hack up that body to try to make it look like a truggy? Have some hybrid pride, let the body sit high!!! It's better airflow for the engine, keeps things cooler, is a dat dirtier, But oh well it's an even trade off.

The dom is a buggy though. But if it had proline bulks and tmaxx suspension then it would be a hybrid. The GS SUT is a truggy, cause it's a buggy with extensions, the lightning is also a truggy, because it's a stretched buggy chassis, with buggy diffs, and longer arms. JT Hybrid, Mutanta Maxx, and Dom Hybrid. Are Hybrids! When you take one or more major components from one or more vehicles and put them together you end up with a hybrid.

I hope this lifts this terminology barrier.

And the only reason to hate a hybrid or truggy is because you keep getting owned by one at your local track!! Other than that, it's the way to go if you want to win races. NO stock monster truck can take a truggy or hybrid!! That's a fact!! Even an EK4 couldn't do it! no matter who is driving.

And Mugen!! They stold that chassis design from JT!! So mugen go rot in the firey bowls of H.E.L.L for all I care. Anyone that buys a mugen product should have there head checked out!! Right now if you have to buy something that is pre-built, just buy a lightning stadium or Pro. It's the best race truck out right now. And it shows as it is winning race after race after race!!
Old 08-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Initiate

who cares about geting beat by a truggy its only club racing and its fun racing new people. I stared the a main with 3 laps down and had no problem with people chewing my azz. no one did.

DON"T HATE ME HATE THE MONEY I SPEND.

NATE
Old 08-04-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

Do you have a truggy or a hybrid?

And who cares about how much money ou spend? It isn't going to help you win a race. Only Skillz can do that!!
Old 08-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jackyl
This thread needs some SeriouS terminology fixes!!!
First off Nitro21, You don't have a truggy!! That is a hybrid. A truggy is only a truggy when it starts off as a buggy "hense the ggy portion". Second off. You used a lightning chassis for the basis of your project Where is the front kick up? You must have mad bump steer!! did you regear the savage diff's? or did it actually hit 52mph? 13/43->50/13 is darn high!! And why did you hack up that body to try to make it look like a truggy? Have some hybrid pride, let the body sit high!!! It's better airflow for the engine, keeps things cooler, is a dat dirtier, But oh well it's an even trade off.
Let me see Lightning Stadium Chassis,Buggy center diff F/R brakes single speed Truggy? Sure I used a Lightning Stadium Chassis,And why do you think that Bumpsteer comes from kickup when in fact it comes from the Steering turnbuckles being out of line with the suspension arms(Mine has 0 ).62 tooth center diff just about covers the gearing issue(not pictured)The body was a rush job so I could make a race And whats wrong with being different thats what this thread is all about
Old 08-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

It's still a hybrid not a truggy. If you had a lightning buggy and put the savage arms on it then it would be a truggy. It is differant. And if you were in a rush it's understandable. Why you chose to go with the gearing that you did is differant but as long as it works.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jackyl
This thread needs some SeriouS terminology fixes!!
The GS SUT is a truggy, cause it's a buggy with extensions, the lightning is also a truggy, because it's a stretched buggy chassis, with buggy diffs, and longer arms.
I hope this lifts this terminology barrier.
And the only reason to hate a hybrid or truggy is because you keep getting owned by one at your local track!! Other than that, it's the way to go if you want to win races. NO stock monster truck can take a truggy or hybrid!! That's a fact!! Even an EK4 couldn't do it! no matter who is driving.
Stretched Buggy Chassis,Hot Bodies Diffs/Savage Diffs same thing if you care to look.Doesnt matter to me what you say it is as long as Im out there racing it looks like 1/8th scale Arena Truck is going to be the prefered name anyhow what are your thoughts on that? Im glad that this thread has gotten the attention it deserves

Last edited by Nitro21; 08-05-2005 at 10:07 AM.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

Well I was just throwing some ideas out there so you could make a better hybrid. The kickup is definetly needed to get the caster. Do you have any videos of this truck in action? Have you driven it yet? Why did you use a 62t instead of the stock 50t?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.