Wiki Posts
Search

Stampede questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Truth Isnt Here
ok heres the update to clear some things up..
i swapped in my vxl esc from my slash ultimate,it still had the same problem lining back up..
now,what ive ment this whole time about it being straight,is that when i do anything..like jump and etc,itll go back straight,but it seems to be a hair or two off compared to when it was straight before,it requires just a quick adjustment and its ok for a lil bit..i checked the servo saver,seemed ok,but i replaced it with a brand new one and it still had the same problems...so i went out on a limb and swiped the servo from the ultimate and its rock solid straight,no more adjustments needed.....so the questions are now this.....can i rebuild the old one? is it too far worn out to be worth fixing? or should i just buy a new one?
Doesn't make much sense if it was not doing this before you installed the new ESC unless you forgot to mention that in your original post but.....

Originally Posted by meno1103
The old servo could have worn gears that cause play and may be the cause of the centering problem. You could have a look at those, replacement gear sets can be bought fairly cheap. If the gears don't have play in them, the culprit is likely the servo's potentiometer. In that case, it's way more hassle than what it's worth (debatable if it's a high end servo), just replace the servo.
Something we both agree on?

Ya know, In my head I always think people would check all these kinds of small problems before posting. I guess I shouldn't give the benefit of the doubt any more what so ever and always go back to the basics. Still doesn't make any sense but it is what it is...
Old 06-02-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by got_nitro
Doesn't make much sense if it was not doing this before you installed the new ESC unless you forgot to mention that in your original post but.....

Ya know, In my head I always think people would check all these kinds of small problems before posting. I guess I shouldn't give the benefit of the doubt any more what so ever and always go back to the basics. Still doesn't make any sense but it is what it is...
No, you are not allowed to agree anymore! In the OP's defense, I myself sometimes forget something painfully simple, which is usually followed by me banging my head on the work table. When people post up a problem, I don't like to assume they have checked the simple things, as they may not know what the simple things should be yet.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ya but the problem is not everyone is like you when it comes to checking things out,i came in here to see if someone might know the reason why this could be happening to my truck,not to have some asshole make others feel like idiots because of something they didnt know...seems like an asshole response considering i came in here for help because my truck was messed up from steering,not an esc problem,not voltage.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Truth Isnt Here
ya but the problem is not everyone is like you when it comes to checking things out,i came in here to see if someone might know the reason why this could be happening to my truck,not to have some asshole make others feel like idiots because of something they didnt know...seems like an asshole response considering i came in here for help because my truck was messed up from steering,not an esc problem,not voltage.
It's related but I'm not "assuming any more" you would understand.

You mentioned your problem happening "after" you installed the new ESC. Is it a coincidence or was it actually doing that before the install, who cares at this point.

I promise you I will never help you again.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's related but I'm not "assuming any more" you would understand.

You mentioned your problem happening "after" you installed the new ESC. Is it a coincidence or was it actually doing that before the install, who cares at this point.

I promise you I will never help you again.
please dont