Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E Revo won't run

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation E Revo won't run

I just bought my first hobbywing xerun combo. 2200kv sensored brushless motor with the 150A ESC. I am running 2 - 3s lipos total of 22.2v. I have everything hooked up and I linked my controller. I turn on the ESC and it lights up red. After a couple seconds it beeps 5 or 6 times and the light flashes to green the shuts off. the ESC stays on with the fan running strong. I have a green light on the receiver and it will control the steering servos but nothing to the motor when I pull the trigger. I am at a loss here. I can't figure out what's wrong.

Please help!!!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Is your batteries charged??? might be a lv cutoff..
Old 05-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Some esc you have to program your throttle settings also.. did you do that..
Old 05-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Could you post a link to which XERun combo you bought? It may not be rated for 6s use, and it might be going into a safety mode to prevent you from lighting it on fire due to over-voltage.

Also, another possibility, is that you didn't calibrate the ESC to your radio. Give us a link here first, so we can make sure it's rated for 6s use, though I'd assume it is, as it's the 150A model. Can't hurt to be safe though! I'll go ahead and get you a link for calibrating the 150A XERun ESC.

Link for the manual.

Just hit that link, then hold control + F on your keyboard, type 'calibrate' and read the part where it highlights.

-edit-
To make it easier, I'll iterate in simple terms what it wants you to do/

1. Turn off the ESC, turn on the radio you're using. Set the throttle channel to 'REV' (reverse). Make sure the trim is zero'd out (no additional, or negative value from a past RC model).
2. Hold down the set button on the ESC, and switch it on. Let go of the set button as soon as it turns on.
3.This will be actually calibrating. What you did so far was to get it READY to calibrate.

-Neutral position
Let go of the throttle trigger on your remote. Press the set button one time. The LED should be green, and flash 1 time. This has set the neutral point.

-Throttle positioning
Squeeze the throttle trigger to it's maximum travel. Basically, just squeeze it like you're going full-throttle. Press the set button one time. The LED should still be green, and it'll flash 2 times. This has set the full throttle point.

-Brake positioning
Push the throttle trigger as far forward as it'll go, just like you were braking hard with it. Push the set button one time. The LED should still be green, and it'll flash three times. This has set the full brake point.

4.Saving calibration
-The ESC takes 3 seconds to burn this into it's memory after calibration has been achieved. Complete steps 1-3, and then wait 3 seconds. You're good to go!

Last edited by Thefoodman52; 05-19-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes batteries are fully charged. I have the lv cutoff set at 3.2v.

M6B - 81040230 Black
XERUN 150A SD ESC
XERUN 4274 SD Motor 2200 KV
LCD Program Box
32 Pitch, 19T Pinion
M1, 13T Pinion
Buggy / Truggy Very powerful competition
Nitro-Powered Car converts to Electrical Powered Car
Monster Pro Race

I tried setting the throttle control but when I turn on the ESC using the Set button it flashes red. I click the set button again to program neutral and the ESC light goes out. I think it is supposed to flash green? Not happening. I tired moving the cable from the ESC to another port on my receiver and it made the wheels spin for a second and that was it. So I know the motor is OK but I can't get it to run from the controller.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes batteries are fully charged. I have the lv cutoff set at 3.2v.

M6B - 81040230 Black
XERUN 150A SD ESC
LCD Program Box
32 Pitch, 19T Pinion
M1, 13T Pinion
Monster Pro Race

I tried setting the throttle control but when I turn on the ESC using the Set button it flashes red. I click the set button again to program neutral and the ESC light goes out. I think it is supposed to flash green? Not happening. I tired moving the cable from the ESC to another port on my receiver and it made the wheels spin for a second and that was it. So I know the motor is OK but I can't get it to run from the controller.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Still doesn't work. The ESC isn't responding to the calibration using the set key.

M6B
XERUN 150A SD ESC
LCD Program Box
32 Pitch, 19T Pinion
M1, 13T Pinion
Monster Pro Race
Old 03-03-2014, 11:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ourtc66
Still doesn't work. The ESC isn't responding to the calibration using the set key.

M6B
XERUN 150A SD ESC
LCD Program Box
32 Pitch, 19T Pinion
M1, 13T Pinion
Monster Pro Race
Hi, anyone solved this? I got the exact same problem!
Old 03-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ourtc66

M6B
XERUN 150A SD ESC
LCD Program Box
32 Pitch, 19T Pinion
M1, 13T Pinion
Monster Pro Race
Anyone solved this? I got the exact same problem!
Old 03-20-2014, 05:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Some esc's have to be programmed also on what type of battey your using. When I bought my waterproof momba monster on the weekend. They plugged it into their computer. Set stuff like that. Plugged it back into the reciever. Then did the calibration describe above. Then it worked fine.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

If you're having trouble calibrating the esc to your radio try reversing the throttle channel on your radio. Some esc's don't like certain radios if the throttle channel is (or isn't) reversed.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

I always had to reverse my throttle for hobbywing. Your holding button down while turning on right.
Never had trouble w em
Old 03-29-2014, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCaddict0
I always had to reverse my throttle for hobbywing. Your holding button down while turning on right.
Never had trouble w em
+1 The Hobbywings, Ace RC, and all other re-badges will not calibrate without reversing throttle channel