Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Part of My Thumb Is Gone - MT4 G3...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I guess the black stripes are from the gear teeth? Nom Nom Nom.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
And found this on the floor:

I really hope you were just eating a piece of prosciutto and that's what the pic is of.

Nasty if it's not.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Wow that is unlucky I did the same thing but the wheel hit my arm and only got a bit of road rash.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RazzBarlow7
Yes, for real. There are lots of kids on this forum. Just a simple "GRAPHIC" in the thread title so people know what they're in for.

P.S. Have you considered you may over-use "LOL"
Oh brother...

So what if there are a lot of kids in here? They can learn what can happen! I showed my son this thread right away!

Liberals, can't seem to get rid of them......
Old 04-07-2013, 05:14 AM
Tech Champion

I think it would be conservatives who would be more uptight about what kids see... But whatever - this is no place for politics..

The point to be taken from this IMO is, maintain a healthy respect for these things. All my fear and respect for brushless was centered on fires and burning lipos, etc..(something to still be careful about..) It didn't occur to me that the wheels could become massively powerful instantaneous flesh shredders.. I've been kind of shuddering today imagining my whole thumb having gotten stuck in the side of the rim. Bye bye entire thumb......(if you don't have dish rims..)

Also, having been in the hobby for a while now, I think I was just complacent. Stick in a wire here, flip a switch there.. No biggie.. (OK, part of this was my still being new to brushless. I'm used to nitro, which can still get out of control.. But normally it'll just take off across a field - and hopefully not cause harm - but this is always a risk too..) This is a problem with a lot of things. You do something for a long time, and think that's enough to prevent harm.. Nope, experienced complacency is always a danger. Just ask the risk manager at your local factory.. Big topic in industry too..
Old 04-07-2013, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sorry to hear your thumb h.

I've been very careless when adjusting my esc settings on my truck. whew!

What tire was it, Terrapins?

* Thanks for the early warning.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just had the best and longest laugh I've had in a few months. It's strangely therapeutic to laugh so good with tears rolling and gasping for breaths of air.

Worst part is that I'm a physician. I showed this to my wife and now she doesn't want my son to tinker with our RCs.

Anyway, I hope you are recovering well. God bless.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:27 AM
Tech Champion

With Terrapins I think I would have been alright. It was the stock MT4 tires.

It happened so fast to be honest, I'm not even sure it was the tires, as opposed to the rims..
Old 04-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I didn't rip my thumb off but yesterday must of been the day to hurt yourself with an RC..

Damn near tore my leg off yesterday, it was a busy day, sold two trucks (MGT 8.0 & 3.3 Tmaxx) and a radio and was outside playing with my daughters freshly upgraded brushless Rustler, was warming her up on a straight away running it towards me and went to turn and it caught the grass and hooked up, rolled and slammed straight into my shin while rolling full speed, took a chunk of skin with it and my shin has a big knot on it haha! The Rustler Missile attacked yesterday!!
Old 04-13-2013, 03:23 AM
Tech Master

whoaaaa..that musta hurts like S**t.

I always setup my BL with the motor and ESC out of the truck - bench setup...once all is set...only then i fix it back. its of of my few safety habits..also another safety habits that i have when it comes to Lipo (using/connecting it or parallel charging)..just some safety precaution steps that i take.

Hope you can still drive/bash your RC with the bandage on.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:39 AM
Tech Champion

Have to admit.. Feel a bit nervous about setting up the new receiver. I hope taking the pinion off first is safe enough.. Hard to not feel kind of spooked..

To be honest though, the thumb is still bleeding and too sensitive to wrench(or even hold a radio....), so won't be messing with it any time soon anyway. Raining all freakin' day whatever the case... And even if it weren't raining, every available surface except the street is pretty much a soggy nasty swamp...
Old 04-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Have to admit.. Feel a bit nervous about setting up the new receiver. I hope taking the pinion off first is safe enough.. Hard to not feel kind of spooked.....
If there is no pinion, there is nothing to spin that can hurt you.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Well, still being a nitro-first person, I guess I just imagine it not being good for the motor to start spinning at full power with no load... But OK - good to know - pinion off.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 04-13-2013, 10:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by got_nitro
If there is no pinion, there is nothing to spin that can hurt you.
Then it will over rev blow up and put a EYE out !!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.