Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Which motor for my lst >

Which motor for my lst

Which motor for my lst

Old 05-02-2005, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)
Post Which motor for my lst

hey guys i was just wondering what motors your running in your lst's ive got a roller thats just about done and im getting to the motor just cant decide i like the power the mach 26 has and for the price its a great entry motor but for my race only lst i would like to get something different just a couple questions if you dont mind.

im debating between novarossi 28 3 port, collari 30, sh 28, is anyone running these already? any problems?

lastly did you have to beef up the drivtrain in any way? ive recently become aware of a main shaft breakage issue any truth?

i would appreciate any and all opinions on this subject thanks steven
Old 05-02-2005, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

you might want to give sts.28 a go, quite affordable...and it's has got torque!
Old 05-02-2005, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

well you helped and made it harder......lol
ill look into that one as well the price is a concern sort of i dont mind paying 300+ if the motor will last and isnt going to put undo strain on the truck but most of the motors ive found are hovering at the 200 mark except the mach.

thanks for the info
steven
Old 05-02-2005, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

well you helped and made it harder......lol
ill look into that one as well the price is a concern sort of i dont mind paying 300+ if the motor will last and isnt going to put undo strain on the truck but most of the motors ive found are hovering at the 200 mark except the mach.

thanks for the info
steven
Old 05-08-2005, 08:16 AM
Tech Rookie

I've got the Wasp 28 in mine. can't say too much about the power, i haven't gotten a race tune on it yet.

but, i can say it's a pain to put clutches on it. the carb boss is very close to the front of the engine, and if the flywheel has any sort of dust shield it has to be ground down to clear the carb boss. I had to take about .125" off the stock lst flywheel to get it to clear the carb boss.

so, i would say go with something else to avoid that headache.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:51 AM
Tech Rookie

try the new collari .30 from werks racing....it has 3.5 hp and is very fast.....call tim at the rc hobby shop 810 632 7084
Old 05-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

well ive nailed it down to the novarossi but im deciding between the 3 port and the 8 port theres about a hundred dollar differance between the two so wondering if someone could tell me the differance between them running wise,tuning,power etc.
thanks
steven
Old 05-17-2005, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The 3 port has a SICK bottom end, VERY VERY easy to tune mill. This is the one I was going to make my top pick. BUT.......The 8 port has the same (very close) bottom end and a bigger top end. A buddy has a 3 port in his Hyper Truggy and it RIPS. As soon as I regear my truggy that is going to be the mill for me, or the Collari.

So, is it worth the extra C note? You wont be dissapointed with the 3 port, but when too much power is just enough..........
Old 05-23-2005, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

when will the madness stop?

well just when i thought i had it figured out another spoon got thrown in the soup.just got back from the hobbyshop looking at the novarossi 28 and what did they have sitting there? but the new picco 27 now ive talked to several people that had the 26 and they all loved it it is my understanding its the same but with a larger piston and sleeve (can anyone confirm)so if you would all be so kind as to give me your thoughts on this motor id appreciate it thanks a lot
steven