Wiki Posts
Search

brand new losi xxl and reverse doesn't work and 2 other things

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default brand new losi xxl and reverse doesn't work and 2 other things

All,

I have a brand new Losi XXL and since day one the truck's reverse does not work. Also, it does not show the speed or rpm on the remote controller. I'm assuming most of all the other features don't work or haven't been setup correctly on the remote or truck. I just finished breaking in the truck and barely use it. Probably shouldn't of bought it. I don't even want to bash it or jump it etc because I'm afraid to break it. I just used it to toy around the house and play around with the 2 dogs.

If anyone can help me figure out how to get the reverse to work and rpm, mph, anything else should be on the remote or I should setup.

Also, any idea what the Losi XXL is worth after buying it and running 7-8 tank's of gas through it? I have the truck and all the extra stuff. chargers. Lipo glow starter and charger. A bunch of other stuff.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 02-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Anyone?
Old 02-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

I don't know the Losi but give it a little time . There's guy's here that do .
Old 02-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by hotrod87
I don't know the Losi but give it a little time . There's guy's here that do .
Alright, cool. Thx
Old 02-25-2013, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

The throttle and reverse engagement servos are known for failing.

When you shift to reverse does the servo move? Don't get bummed out over an rtr servo failure. It's a blessing in disguise.

Spectrum telemetry is a joke, actually most telemetry is a joke. The telemetry range is not the range of the truck... It only works when the truck is within about 20ft of the transmitter (in your hand). With the truck running next to you, it should show rpm and temp on the transmitter. If not, I would try to bind the tx/rx again. That could resolve the issue.

The xxl is a very tough truck. I would not be afraid to bash it. I can think of quite a few more fragile trucks. The xxl is about on par with the savage in durability department.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Cinnabun
The throttle and reverse engagement servos are known for failing.

When you shift to reverse does the servo move? Don't get bummed out over an rtr servo failure. It's a blessing in disguise.

Spectrum telemetry is a joke, actually most telemetry is a joke. The telemetry range is not the range of the truck... It only works when the truck is within about 20ft of the transmitter (in your hand). With the truck running next to you, it should show rpm and temp on the transmitter. If not, I would try to bind the tx/rx again. That could resolve the issue.

The xxl is a very tough truck. I would not be afraid to bash it. I can think of quite a few more fragile trucks. The xxl is about on par with the savage in durability department.
From the start reverse didn't work. Nothing at all. No signs of life for reverse lol
Old 02-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheatman1
From the start reverse didn't work. Nothing at all. No signs of life for reverse lol
Still isn't clear, to me at least, if the F/R servo isn't moving at all.

You might be experiencing the same issue I used to have when I first got my LST XXL but first we need to know if the servo is moving or not?

Don't let those minor issues turn you away. I was on the same boat as you but glad I didn't sell my truck. I also bought Savage XL but didn't bother to play the it much
Old 02-25-2013, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

We need to know if the servo is moving.

Horizon hobby has the best cust service. Dont hesitate to call them, though they'll likely ask the same questions I did above