Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to forum...Emaxx build in progress

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New to forum...Emaxx build in progress

well I figured what better way to join the forum than to share my build...been working on it for the past couple of weeks still waiting on one rear skid plate...and having some bodies painted now...

a little about myself, I'm from the North Houston area, got into the whole RC thing the Wednesday before Thanksgiving last year...so 4 months, have a variety of vehicles from a Torment to a 1/5 redcat XT...we try to go out to a local BMX track every weekend or so and get some good bashing in...and yeah that's pretty much all we do...not much into the racing yet will be a little bit. anyways on to the build and what I have so far. btw if I've done or setup something wrong let me know so I can fix it...my first build and sorry the picks pick up after I had stripped the rear end down and started rebuilding
Attached Thumbnails New to forum...Emaxx build in progress-img_0640.jpg   New to forum...Emaxx build in progress-img_0641.jpg   New to forum...Emaxx build in progress-img_0642.jpg   New to forum...Emaxx build in progress-img_0643.jpg   New to forum...Emaxx build in progress-img_0655.jpg  

Old 02-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Tech Rookie

more pics where the first post left off...and if you guys have any questions about what I did or why I did this that or another thing just let me know I'll try to answer the best I can.
Attached Thumbnails New to forum...Emaxx build in progress-img_0656.jpg   New to forum...Emaxx build in progress-img_0657.jpg   New to forum...Emaxx build in progress-img_0658.jpg   New to forum...Emaxx build in progress-img_0659.jpg   New to forum...Emaxx build in progress-img_0660.jpg  

Old 02-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Tech Rookie

and more pics, this is all I have now...but if you guys want close ups of anything let me know I'll get them and upload...thanks guys
Attached Thumbnails New to forum...Emaxx build in progress-img_0661.jpg   New to forum...Emaxx build in progress-img_0662.jpg   New to forum...Emaxx build in progress-img_0663.jpg   New to forum...Emaxx build in progress-img_0664.jpg  
Old 02-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

nice! You have the upper a arms upside down. Me and you are running similiar set ups. Check out my build.
Keep up the good work
Old 02-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by minirevobasher
nice! You have the upper a arms upside down. Me and you are running similiar set ups. Check out my build.
Keep up the good work
Thanks for the heads up!! Are both of them upside down? And I'm also in need of some stiffer springs the traxxas big bores are not stiff enough to pull the truck up after it squats. Anyways thanks for the advice, and I did see your build what encouraged me to share min...was hoping to have some more input but that's the way forums work.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by brent4826
Thanks for the heads up!! Are both of them upside down? And I'm also in need of some stiffer springs the traxxas big bores are not stiff enough to pull the truck up after it squats. Anyways thanks for the advice, and I did see your build what encouraged me to share min...was hoping to have some more input but that's the way forums work.
Exactly my problem im having now with the big bore springs. Garbage. I addded a bunch of spacers and it helped, but not enough where it should be. I'm going to order some white progressive springs. I did this setup before and it was GREAT! Really helped it on my last truck. And the little indent on the a arm is for axle clearance. After i got mine built up, i found out i put the diff in upside down! so you might want to check out that yours arent upside down. Im really dreading taking it apart. Im glad my build is encouraging. What batteries are you running?
Old 02-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just a heads up, the Traxxas progressive springs are pretty soft.

Try the RCRaven dual-rate springs. Much better. I run them on my heavy E-Maxx and they've been doing great.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by WindDrake
Just a heads up, the Traxxas progressive springs are pretty soft.

Try the RCRaven dual-rate springs. Much better. I run them on my heavy E-Maxx and they've been doing great.
Forgot about those... I just like the progressive how well they worked on my last e maxx. Where can you find those rc raven dual rate springs
Old 02-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

http://www.rcraveninc.com/ Or check them out on eBay.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Tech Rookie

those were exactly the springs I was looking at...will probably purchase on monday. and yeah thanks I'll have to double check the diff...seems to be running fine even if they are upside down...lol...but I'll look and check to make sure. thanks for all the comments
Old 02-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by minirevobasher
Forgot about those... I just like the progressive how well they worked on my last e maxx. Where can you find those rc raven dual rate springs
I got the springs in this past week from RC Raven...it was exactly what I needed to hold that truck up off the ground...70 weight oil and those dual rate springs...highly recommend.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

I got the springs in this past week from RC Raven...it was exactly what I needed to hold that truck up off the ground...70 weight oil and those dual rate springs...highly recommend.
Glad you like them. Going from the white progressive Traxxas springs to the RCRaven Dual-Rate springs turned my Maxx's handling around completely. Good to see another truck with them.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Nice looking build. I will be watching this thread.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Good to know. I got the progressive now, but i might purchase the rc raven ones in the future.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm pretty much done...and I have to say RC raven came through again with some much needed parts...my LHS wasn't cutting it...emailed them and he said I overnighted them if you don't like them send them back...if not I sent you a paypal request...now that's service I can get behind...just wanted to throw that out there.

also got one body in...the blazer, and I should have the Raptor body in...Jconcepts...I think I be going with a little LSU flair for that that one. anyways I'm pretty much done and as soon as I get the bodies on I'll get it all cleaned up and get some pics. if you have any request let me know. Thanks guys!

Last edited by brent4826; 02-26-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.