Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-Revo ???s

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was a sucker for that overpriced plastic RC too at one point too. I also fell into the traxxas advertising trap. Like I said, I have years of experience with the revo platform..for almost $800 traxxas should at least include steel cvd's, and durable diffs...am I wrong???
If it was $400.....or maybe $500 I may even call it an AWESOME RC. But $800....oh Lordy!!! Jokes on the customer....,they're laughing all the way to the bank.

Here's my D8t-e.....it will stomp all over a revo in every way.....stability, durability, jumping, bashing, price, fun.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

So you basically converted your truggy into a monster truck? Kinda opposite of people turning a revo into a truggy... I never said truggies couldn't be modded. And apparently you did some upgrades to make it a reliable basher... I do agree with the price of a new revo. It is way over priced and only reason I got a revo because a buddy sold it to me for 20 bucks. My revo is a nitro, but the drivetrain seems to handle a big block fine. The stock a arms and such are weak. I did break a front bulkhead and axle carrier from jumping a snow bank at full speed not sure how fast, maybe 50-60 mph and crashing into the face of another snowbank 25 feet ahead of it. Your jumps on that video are pretty mild compared to the bashing I do, but my revo is far from stock. Not trying to start my truck can beat up your truck war. To each their own I'm glad this hobby has a big variety of vehicles for different purposes. I've been out of the rc loop for a long time and the revo is pretty much the only rc I've researched since I got it 2 months ago. I don't doubt a truggy can be or is better than a revo in certain conditions.

This thread got my curious about truggies now. Maybe I'll build up a truggy instead. I plan on buying a chassis/rolling chassis off eBay. I'm not paying new prices for a complete rc when I'm going to mod it and change out parts anyways....

Last edited by ausher; 01-07-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by chainsaw10
I was a sucker for that overpriced plastic RC too at one point too. I also fell into the traxxas advertising trap. Like I said, I have years of experience with the revo platform..for almost $800 traxxas should at least include steel cvd's, and durable diffs...am I wrong???
If it was $400.....or maybe $500 I may even call it an AWESOME RC. But $800....oh Lordy!!! Jokes on the customer....,they're laughing all the way to the bank.

Here's my D8t-e.....it will stomp all over a revo in every way.....stability, durability, jumping, bashing, price, fun.
HAHAHAHAH you are claiming all that while using big joes? HAHAHAHAHAHA oh boy.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:15 AM
Tech Addict

I don't gt the haha-hahaha's???? I have about ten different sets of tire that I switch around and try on my trucks.... This pic was just the first one I found in my photo album.
The point I'm tryin to make is that I can drive this truggy abusively, on 5s lipo, with these heavy ass silly tires......and the driveline can handle it. I used to try out these and other large tires on my brushless revo, and I was constantly destroying driveshafts and diffs....over and over again. I could run a real loose slipper.....but what fun is that.

Have you ever seen revo diff gears next to truggy diff gears??? The revo gears are itsy bitsy cute little microscopic things in comparison. Truggies and revos are approximately the same size and weight......these lil gears are supposed to handle traxxas' claimed 70mph 6s handling monster(as per their advertisements)???
I'll snap a pic comparing the differences in gears later today(for those who haven't seen them side by side).

Traxxas actually uses the same exact diffs in their pede 4x4 and slash 4x4. These trucks are much smaller and less than half the weight of the E-revo. The diffs are appropriate for these little trucks....not the ERBE.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chainsaw10
I don't gt the haha-hahaha's???? I have about ten different sets of tire that I switch around and try on my trucks.... This pic was just the first one I found in my photo album.
The point I'm tryin to make is that I can drive this truggy abusively, on 5s lipo, with these heavy ass silly tires......and the driveline can handle it. I used to try out these and other large tires on my brushless revo, and I was constantly destroying driveshafts and diffs....over and over again. I could run a real loose slipper.....but what fun is that.

Have you ever seen revo diff gears next to truggy diff gears??? The revo gears are itsy bitsy cute little microscopic things in comparison. Truggies and revos are approximately the same size and weight......these lil gears are supposed to handle traxxas' claimed 70mph 6s handling monster(as per their advertisements)???
I'll snap a pic comparing the differences in gears later today(for those who haven't seen them side by side).

Traxxas actually uses the same exact diffs in their pede 4x4 and slash 4x4. These trucks are much smaller and less than half the weight of the E-revo. The diffs are appropriate for these little trucks....not the ERBE.

It's a no win situation, the guys that have never owned a Truggy and have tons money in a plastic erevo will argue to justify their money spent. Even guys that have both still will argue knowing all along a Truggy is way better in EVERY aspect. What's unfortunate is if they ever did go out and put a Truggy to the test, they will never come back and say they were wrong. It's all good, their loss!!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by got_nitro
It's a no win situation, the guys that have never owned a Truggy and have tons money in a plastic erevo will argue to justify their money spent. Even guys that have both still will argue knowing all along a Truggy is way better in EVERY aspect. What's unfortunate is if they ever did go out and put a Truggy to the test, they will never come back and say they were wrong. It's all good, their loss!!
What part of it is your gain? No one in this thread claims their E-Revo is better than a truggy, all I see is a bunch of guys talking about the truck they like and a couple of others making it hard for them to do that.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Tech Rookie

I had me e-revo with rpm arms true track rear mounted with long rockers. Aluminum pushrods steering rods all metal drive shafts aluminum inside gearboxes integy wheelie bar nice steering servo and everything else you could think of I blew out diffs constantly I get fed up with that sold it for 400$ it was clean and I had more in just upgrades then I sold it for.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheKennyKiller
What part of it is your gain? No one in this thread claims their E-Revo is better than a truggy, all I see is a bunch of guys talking about the truck they like and a couple of others making it hard for them to do that.
Well, you had the OP's post:

Originally Posted by XxLoSiRaCeRxX
I am a reformed 1/10 off road racer turned backyard "I can beat you to that tree and back" racer. I have loved the revo since it came out and finally I have 2 brushless E-Revos. Do people really hate the E-Revo that much. I hardly ever see one on here for sale and hear a lot of hating on them. Is it because there are none out there or is it because "I Love mine and am in NO way selling it" or is it hate because it is better than the Savage (sorry my friends have Savages and personally I really dont see what the big deal is with them). Summits are out there but seldom a Revo and was curious why....
Then this post was made:

Originally Posted by Cody01
I had one along many other traxxas trucks. They cannot hang in the truggy class due to being way too heavy. They are a pain to work on. Outside of that they are fun to drive. Although I don't regret having I wouldn't have another since you just use a truggy to achieve the same thing only better
And then, in a weak sort of reprisal:

Originally Posted by WindDrake
Another annoying bit is that you see the Revo compared to Truggies on a fairly regular basis.

The Revo is an MT. Not a Truggy.
So that's when I posted the dollars up for a Truggy.

To answer your question though, I have 0 personal gain. However, In the process of this thread, If I could save one from making a plastic "M/T" mistake when you could have so much more for the money (and actually take your Truggy to a track if you choose and have a class to race in) I'll be happy! Hope that answered your question!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheKennyKiller
The OP asked so people are giving their opinion. Whats wrong with that. I've owned the E-revo myself since my wife wanted it. Its a pile of trash like 90+% of the rest of Traxxas's lineup. I am glad for what Traxxas has done for the RC industry. They have recruited many people who would have never gotten into RC otherwise. They spend millions of dollars on advertising. I truly believe RC would be much smaller without Traxxas but that doesn't change that fact of that quality is LOW. I've had over 75% of the offroad vehicles Traxxas has ever put out along with 25 or so other trucks, buggies, and MTs. For the most part Traxxas is the lowest quality stuff I've ever had.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

You haven't tried duratrax,electrix,helion,redcat,exceed or some of the few year old Losi stuff have you ? Traxxas is NOT top shelf rc but they are far from the bottom and yes they've done tons for our hobby.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Yup Kennykiller.....this is what the OP was asking for. He wanted some clarity on why some people dislike the E-Revo. I responded and told about the repeated durability problems I had with mine. Not acceptable for such a high priced machine.
My main reason for chiming in was to help others learn from my mistake of dropping almost $1000 on a plastic frustration mobile. There are many options out there in the same price range/size/purpose that absolutely blow the revo away......in every way,shape and form!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

I like my revo, but mainly like modding it for no reason other than something to tinker with. If my buddy didn't sell me his for $20 I would never of owned one. They are way over priced. What I got in it will never cost near as much as a new one. Heck most the money I got in it is from junk I sold on ebay. If something breaks I replace it with aftermarket parts if possible. I think they are great platform to build on. Revo probably has the biggest aftermarket support than any rc out there.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well here is some fuel for the truggy fire! My son blew a diff in his revo today. It only had to fall from about 8 feet in the air and land with the throttle pinned to the floor!! I have seen a diff or 10 in the past in 1/8 scale buggies and truggies completely destroyed at the track so they BREAK too!!! Yeah they might not break as often but they do....
Old 01-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Tech Adept

Last edited by TheKennyKiller; 01-09-2013 at 03:05 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'll put my revo up in a bash session with a truggy until one breaks first any day..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.