Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Revo Problems Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 10:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation Revo Problems Help!

Heres the deal, I recentley just brought my revo out for spring and its bogging down really bad. What happens is once I punch the throttle or give it more than 1/2 throttle it boggs down and dies? I set all the stock settings on the carb and still have the same problem. It cant be the 2-speed because even if it wouldnt shift it still probably wouldnt die. Its probably something obvious that Im just passing up but for now Im completeley lost ? ?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks
Old 04-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

If it isnt tuned just right it will bog if it is to rich or lean. So I would let the Revo warm up a little bit before puncing the throttle.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Tech Initiate

I always let it warm up for a minute or two before I drive...thats not the problem...
Old 04-12-2005, 01:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

How was the engine stored? Could the glow plug be gummed up or corroded?
Old 04-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Get new fuel and a new glow plug. Its not good to use fuel thats been sitting around for a while. Trust me I've had the same problem in the past.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:55 AM
Tech Addict

Ive been having a similar problem with my REVO,After WOT into a turn after the straightaway,engine stalls,Check temp immediately and its around '180,replaced glow plug first,NO help, fuel line and filter,NO help,Clutch and bearings,NO help, Last had a new carb so I tried that, seems to be a drastic improvement You might try shimming the head to,and check the O-ring around the tank lid.Worst case it could be a front or rear crank shaft bearing
Old 04-28-2005, 07:44 PM
Tech Addict

Something else you can check is for air leaks around the carb,head gasket and backplate.If you havent ran it in a while did it have a little fuel in it when it was parked if so probably have a little oil buildup in the fuel system Bad for performance.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:41 PM
Tech Initiate

well consider my problem fixed...after alot of dismantle and re-asemble i found that it indeed was the 2-speed, somehow the screw must have came loose through time. Nevber have I seen or heard of such a thing
Old 04-29-2005, 01:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

ah.... that's new... unheard of... but now you know.... remember to get those threadlock in those screws
Old 04-29-2005, 06:44 AM
Tech Rookie

A friend of mine has a revo and we were trying to figure out why it wasn't shifting into second. after a while we realised that it was always in second and tightened the screw down.

the point being, it was running fine in only 2nd gear. so unless you have a wide ration in your 2-speed, i don't think thats the problem unless the screw was rubbing on something else and causing binding.