Community
Wiki Posts
Search

INTEGY RANT OF ALL INTEGY RANTS

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Count me in on the hot and miss scenario, my first Integy product was purchased nearly 1 decade ago right after the Savage came out...I am not a bling buyer so there has not been too many parts since then. The thing with many RC companies producing "hop ups" or "options", they just get cheap parts from random factories and put their labels on them. I am going to go out on a limb and bet that it rally comes down to which suppliers which parts come from with bigger companies like Integy. I would bet they have several SUPPLIERS.

I have never used any of their products in high stress areas, and thankfully I can say in those situations I have not had any fitment or failures.

OOO....I did have a clutch set from them VERY early on for the Savage and those things needed all kinda filing around the edges and quickly wore away, the flywheel was mushy in no time too...I seen that there newer sets are alot better though.

My summary, choose where your parts are needed rather than just buying them for the sake of spending moolah.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Integy products are less than desirable. They only have one purpose, sitting on shelf queens. When Integy first started I thought I'd found this hidden gem of a company, couldn't be further from the truth. Everything I bought broke with limited use. Tools, parts, etc. all crap. By the end of dealing with them I swore never again. NO telephone number, non-existant customer service. I'll never recommend any Integy branded parts, and I hope no one wastes their hard earned cash with this company!
Old 06-04-2013, 07:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Just bought some Integy wheels before researching. Will never do that again. My Tamiya came with thread lock on the hubs. Cant even get a nut all the way on without the hex spinning inside the wheel. Whats sad is you can see the wheel opening up and allowing it to spin! CHEAP PLASTIC!!!

Pro-line wheels are on the way now. Lesson learned
Old 06-04-2013, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HickamHatch
Just bought some Integy wheels before researching. Will never do that again. My Tamiya came with thread lock on the hubs. Cant even get a nut all the way on without the hex spinning inside the wheel. Whats sad is you can see the wheel opening up and allowing it to spin! CHEAP PLASTIC!!!

Pro-line wheels are on the way now. Lesson learned
If the opening is big enough for the hex to spin inside the wheel are you sure you got the right size wheels to fit the hex? Doesn't sound like a integy problem, sounds like a user error.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fr8cture
If the opening is big enough for the hex to spin inside the wheel are you sure you got the right size wheels to fit the hex? Doesn't sound like a integy problem, sounds like a user error.
My proline buggy wheels fit just fine and I can tighten the nut down all the way. Its def. not user error... The plastic is WEAK and expands as the hex turns inside. Here is a video...

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d7...FFA44BE89A.mp4
Old 06-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HickamHatch
My proline buggy wheels fit just fine and I can tighten the nut down all the way. Its def. not user error... The plastic is WEAK and expands as the hex turns inside. Here is a video...

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d7...FFA44BE89A.mp4
That makes it more clear. Yeah, thats really weird.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jmcn r
I am going to go out on a limb and bet that it rally comes down to which suppliers which parts come from with bigger companies like Integy. I would bet they have several SUPPLIERS
Integy, STRC, RC4WD, GH - same deal, it is dependent on supplier and what each "company" chooses to sell or not
Old 06-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rockiroads13
Integy, STRC, RC4WD, GH - same deal, it is dependent on supplier and what each "company" chooses to sell or not
those 3 company's do not need to be punished for good products, move those names away from integy.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Tech Rookie

those 3 company's do not need to be punished for good products, move those names away from integy.
Your definition of "good products' is realistically just a matter of which company chooses to sell what products from generally the SAME sources overseas. There's a lot of product overlap between the 4 companies above as far as products go. If you think that they all have their own personal factories overseas with their own personal aluminum formula, you're very misinformed.

A lot of these companies don't even design all of their product line; many times a factory overseas will produce parts, show these companies samples, then the company decides if they want to sell it or not, and if they do they get their name stamped on it. OR if someone's aluminum or cf part looks "almost the same but not" compared to another brand, many times it's because they came from different batches or different manufacturing runs. Same factory, same building, same material source, same country - just made on a different day.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Your definition of "good products' is realistically just a matter of which company chooses to sell what products from generally the SAME sources overseas. There's a lot of product overlap between the 4 companies above as far as products go. If you think that they all have their own personal factories overseas with their own personal aluminum formula, you're very misinformed.

A lot of these companies don't even design all of their product line; many times a factory overseas will produce parts, show these companies samples, then the company decides if they want to sell it or not, and if they do they get their name stamped on it. OR if someone's aluminum or cf part looks "almost the same but not" compared to another brand, many times it's because they came from different batches or different manufacturing runs. Same factory, same building, same material source, same country - just made on a different day.
I can tell you most of STRC stuff is made in the US.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Rookie

I can tell you most of STRC stuff is made in the US.
Really? LOL entertain me then - how is it that you can tell me that most of the STRC stuff is made in the U.S.?
Old 06-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Really? LOL entertain me then - how is it that you can tell me that most of the STRC stuff is made in the U.S.?
Talk to the owner of STRC. He's real easy to get in touch with. I bought the STRC LCG chassis for the slash 4x4 and thats made locally in California.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Talk to the owner of STRC. He's real easy to get in touch with. I bought the STRC LCG chassis for the slash 4x4 and thats made locally in California.
You said "most" - but one specialty chassis isn't "most". I'm talking about the general aluminum "hop-up" stuff that other manufacturers also sell. That LCG was a personal project, not a mass produced thing like the usual aluminum/CF stuff.

And LOL I know Steve. I've known him personally for 20+ years. And you're right - he is easy to get in touch with, because he's about 1 mile down the street.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

You said "most" - but one specialty chassis isn't "most". I'm talking about the general aluminum "hop-up" stuff that other manufacturers also sell. That LCG was a personal project, not a mass produced thing like the usual aluminum/CF stuff.

And LOL I know Steve. I've known him personally for 20+ years. And you're right - he is easy to get in touch with, because he's about 1 mile down the street.
Maybe I am wrong about a few things and I can admit that but to say all 4 of those are the same is insane. No matter where they are made none of them come close to as bad as integy.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Not all of integys parts are bad, I think they make the best clutch out there for the savage. I've gotten 3 gallons out of one clutch. Recently I got 2 gallons out of one with the highest gearing ever installed on a savage (20/25-27). The HD tie rod eliminator a for the savage are also a great product. Again not all there stuff sucks, but as we all know there are quite a few parts that shouldn't go on these vehicles in alloy form, it wouldn't matter who made the part cause it would still bend. Then we would be bashing on that company.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.