Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tmaxx 3.3 Revo won't start

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tmaxx 3.3 Revo won't start

Hi. I'm new to this hobby and am having a problem with my tmaxx I purchased it used. It has ran great for me for a month. Got it out today after a few days of not running and it won't start. Replaced the clutch shoes and bell. It has easy start. Changed the glow plug to. I noticed that there's nothing spinning around the clutch bell. Not sure if it should. I know I'm a complete dunce, but can someone please help me out?
Old 01-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile tmaxx start up problems

hi im pretty new to nitro as well but i have the revo 3.3 which has the same engine and if its brand neww the fuel lines should be fine, if its used you might wanna replace the fuel lines which is a cheap 4 dollar mod i can help u if u need help on installing fuel lines but have you tried priming the engine when you try to start it up? This means as you push the EZ start button down u cover the exhaust tip with your finger another thing if you see the fuel going through the line and it still doesnt start try getting a glow plug igniter
Old 01-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bjo1980
Hi. I'm new to this hobby and am having a problem with my tmaxx I purchased it used. It has ran great for me for a month. Got it out today after a few days of not running and it won't start. Replaced the clutch shoes and bell. It has easy start. Changed the glow plug to. I noticed that there's nothing spinning around the clutch bell. Not sure if it should. I know I'm a complete dunce, but can someone please help me out?
in the start mechanism, there a 1 way bearing. They can get gummed up with residual oil and won't grab. Take apart and clean it with wd-40. Hope this helps...
Old 01-10-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by sschultz
in the start mechanism, there a 1 way bearing. They can get gummed up with residual oil and won't grab. Take apart and clean it with wd-40. Hope this helps...
One-way bearing sounds like the culprit, Im new as well but I've had quite a few issues with that bearing! Except mine broke.. twice