Wiki Posts
Search

Turning Savage x 4.6 into savage flux.. Help plz

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default Turning Savage x 4.6 into savage flux.. Help plz

Looking to build one of my savage x trucks into a savage flux. At the moment i have a box of savage x 4.6 take off parts and want to build a savage flux. What is the best way to go with it? Also looking for a savage roller. I am missing alot lf parts and need some. If you can help with this build i would greatly apreciate it as this os my first nitro savage to electric build. Plz and thank you
Old 11-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I would try the flux conversion kit. They are just over a hundred dollars and then you would need the esc and motor. My recommendation would be mamba 2200 system or the standard flux (rebadged mmm and 2200) from HPI. Can run off up to 6S and it is a beast. If you are trying to stay on the cheaper side. Google savage electric conversion for under 100 bucks. I read an article not too long ago about a guy who did his conversion on the cheap side. His downfall was battery mounting. Hope this helps
Old 11-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks i actually read that thread and thats what really encouraged me to try it. I was actually hoping to just get the flux tvps and mount and get a cheap motor and esc for now as its for my fiance. She dont need anything special. But first i need to find a roller cause im missing wAy too many parts. I have about half a roller to start with lol. Not even close.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have brand new tvp for flux. You need battery boxes idler gear motor plate and mounts and tvp basically. The 4.6 has regular diffs and they ain't gonna last but a few minutes. And while in tranny replace top gear with hardened one. I would if you're building for long term use get the tcs frame plates
Old 11-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wadet87
I have brand new tvp for flux. You need battery boxes idler gear motor plate and mounts and tvp basically. The 4.6 has regular diffs and they ain't gonna last but a few minutes. And while in tranny replace top gear with hardened one. I would if you're building for long term use get the tcs frame plates
My 4.6 has the bp diffs. That was the first thing i got for it. But i am missing alot of parts so id rather just buy a roller and go from there. Id be interested in the tvps but i found some on ebay for 6 bucks. But i kinda wanna build a flux xl cause i had a flux before and it was a wheelie machine. The xl would be the way to go for my wife considering its gonna be really touchy on the throttle. I wanna do it right the first time. Im gonna buy a flux tranny and battery trays when the time comes but right now i am focusing on finding a roller. Hit me up theough pm or text if u have anything 802-359-2027