Best Monster truck for bashing?

Old 07-24-2012, 10:09 AM
Tech Initiate

that savage clip is amazing
Old 07-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 123nanez
that savage clip is amazing
Thanks, the only thing that happened from that nose landing was the body pulled thru the clips.
2 days of hitting that 6 foot ramp and I went thru less than a dollar worth of parts lol.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thunder tiger mt4-g3 would be my first choice.

If you must go nitro the Savage.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

submitting my vote for the Savvy

Old 07-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

My CEN GST 7.7 forget what anyone says Because I have a Savage and n XTM. CEN is the Beasts of all Beasts BUT my Savage is beautiful with tons of support. Althougt I run the Savage with a Cen tuned pipe minus the interior muffler just like the GST 7.7 the XTM is super easy to work on and always needs to be worked on.Tthe CEN never breaks even after some extreme bash sessions but does not hit gears like the SAVAGE they are both a BEOTCH to work on. Except Im having Fun bashing and wrenching.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would def say the Savage too, I just got one and its a blast to drive and parts support is great...I have a few clods that I love to bash too but no crazy.

The new Mad Force VE looks cool too but I dont know wat the parts support is like for Kyosho or how durable the truck is
Old 07-26-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have two t-maxx trucks a 2.5 and a highly modified 3.3. The 2.5 does pretty good (less power) the 3.3 as I said is highly modified due to the more power more speed equals more broken parts, now with all of the upgrades I have done its bullet proof, so if u like to tinker on your trucks and spend lots of cash on them the t-maxx can be awesome. I Hear lots of guys saying the savage is one tough truck out of the box.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

yea i started with a 100% stock 3.3 t maxx and i now have $1500.00 in it. not because it kept breaking, but thats just what i like to do to my rc's! i did it to my brushless rustler, and my son's duratrax mini-quake. i hopped them up as much as i could.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by zmetal
My CEN GST 7.7 forget what anyone says Because I have a Savage and n XTM. CEN is the Beasts of all Beasts BUT my Savage is beautiful with tons of support. Althougt I run the Savage with a Cen tuned pipe minus the interior muffler just like the GST 7.7 the XTM is super easy to work on and always needs to be worked on.Tthe CEN never breaks even after some extreme bash sessions but does not hit gears like the SAVAGE they are both a BEOTCH to work on. Except Im having Fun bashing and wrenching.
Good luck with ANY type of support from CEN, my friend has a GST 7.7 and has had nothing but problems for the last 2 years, been converted to electric and all lol.
For some reason he still loves that truck, maybe he wants to convince himself it's a good truck from the thousands he's spent on it...
Old 07-28-2012, 06:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

T-maxx, I bow down to for kick-starting** this whole thing, but it's time for grandpa to sit on the side lines. His hips are fragile.

I have a Savage original with a STS28 and I have and Revo with the same engine and another Revo converted to electric. The Revos are tough, but I haven't beat them as hard as the Savage which is tough as iron. On the original, the may issues were screws coming loose from the factory assembly and breaking the ears of the steering knuckles. HPI quickly redesigned the knuckles and replace them under warranty. I haven't broke one since. The original Savage sucks to work on, but is super tough. Just getting to the battery was a huge pain. HPI fixed a few of the access issue with the later versions. So for toughness, I vote Savage.

yes, there were nitro monster trucks prior to the T-maxx, but the mass popularity didn't breakout til the T-maxx arrived.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Revo. I've had three of them over the years and end up selling them when the racing season starts for lack of time to just "bash".

The 3.3 is awesome, tons of power and easy to tune. Every hobby shop I've been in has an infinite number of parts.

They are awesome and every time I go into our hobby shop, I think of picking one up...
Old 07-31-2012, 12:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Going with Savage XL
Old 07-31-2012, 02:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kamryn
Going with Savage XL
Good choice!

Before and inbetween race day heats, I see guys coming and going, on and off the track playing with MT's.. (General comment) If you think you are bashing your truck when you use it, take it on out to a track and run a few laps if you canThe Savage is one of few, if not the only one I see coming off a track unscathed..
Old 07-31-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by got_nitro
Good choice!

Before and inbetween race day heats, I see guys coming and going, on and off the track playing with MT's.. (General comment) If you think you are bashing your truck when you use it, take it on out to a track and run a few laps if you canThe Savage is one of few, if not the only one I see coming off a track unscathed..
Are there any must have upgrades for the XL or is it tough enough out of the box?
Old 07-31-2012, 05:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kamryn
Going with Savage XL
Great choice my friend. When you get it be sure to put a dab of silicone over the msn. Be patient with the motor as it will have a lot of pinch & when the motor is broke in dont get worried if you see temps around 300f. These larger mills tend to run hotter than smaller ones. Mine performed best at 280-310. If you have any questions dont be afraid to ask.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.