Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Savage steering issue >

Savage steering issue

Savage steering issue

Old 07-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Savage steering issue

G'day, apoligies if this has come up before...i searched for an answer but cant find. Im having trouble with my truck only turning one way, when i disconect the horn everything seems to be fine when i move back and forth by hand. When the horn is connected it turns both ways but only steers one way...just doesnt seem to push the wheels back the other.
Cheers.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

How are the splines on the servo horn?
Old 07-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Also make sure your servo saver spring hasn't loosened up, with the truck on the ground watch to see if the servo saver gives instead of turning the wheels.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Rookie

disconnect the servo horn, turn the radio on and reinstall in the centered position, making sure your trims are at zero. and check the spring like slayer said
Old 07-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrod87
How are the splines on the servo horn?
Splines should be good to go, its a new horn..but will check for sure tomoz.

Originally Posted by SLAYERDUDE
Also make sure your servo saver spring hasn't loosened up, with the truck on the ground watch to see if the servo saver gives instead of turning the wheels.
Im thinking it has something to do with this...i didnt even know what a servo saver was/is/does, i googled it and i think i did adjust the purple colored screw...but know no matter where i adjust too...it doesnt turn the wheels one way was going to order another one as they arnt that expensive.

Originally Posted by dragonbat13
disconnect the servo horn, turn the radio on and reinstall in the centered position, making sure your trims are at zero. and check the spring like slayer said
pretty sure this isnt the prob as the horn was/is centred.

BIG THANKS! for your suggestions in helping me out guys....much appreaciated, cheers.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I havent had any issues with my steering yet...Is there an aluminum steering upgrade I can pick up to strengthen the steering? I was thinking of switching to a Savox 1258 servo too..
Old 07-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If all is good, swap your existing servo saver spring to this.

Savage steering issue-hpic2922.jpg

http://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&rc...iXWiJ_Z4A0VXHQ

Even a 50kg torque servo cannot turn well when the servo saver spring is soft.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Yesmmm

Im thinking it has something to do with this...i didnt even know what a servo saver was/is/does, i googled it and i think i did adjust the purple colored screw...but know no matter where i adjust too...it doesnt turn the wheels one way was going to order another one as they arnt that expensive.
You shouldn't need a new one, watch the saver's V shaped part and if the 2 pieces are sliding apart when you steer with wheels on the ground you just need to tighten the nut on the spring to give it more tension and hold those 2 parts together.
What the saver does is when you crash or run into something it gives and lets the one V part ride up the other so the force isn't directly transferred into the servo or horn.