Wiki Posts
Search

UE Brushless Thunder SuperMaxx

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default UE Brushless Thunder SuperMaxx

I have been spending more time over here on RC Tech and wanted to post up my new build I have started on for you guys to see. I have been reading and there is still a bunch of Maxx fans here and that is great to see. I am a UE addict and this is my therapy....LOL!

Unlimited Engineering Brushless Thunder SuperMaxx

This is a before shot of it in the planning stages.

Here it is before assembly gets under way.

I have a Mamba Monster ESC and a Black Leopard 2000kv motor to run in this. I had the transmission mounting holes milled off for center spur gear clearance because this will have a RC Monster center diff mount running a Spyder 8 center diff.

I really enjoy the anodized trucks and this is two other UE trucks I have built that I had anodized.

Dace Predator

Before I took the wing off and mounted the Mad Cow body on it.

UE Lightning SuperMaxx

I will update with more as the build progresses. I wanted to introduce myself and get with the program over here as my home forums are UE, RCMT, RC Monster, Cow RC and Michigan Monsters. Figured I might as well add one more! Not too many Maxx fans on those forums, just UE and RC Monster.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Addict

Sick ass rides, I would like to do one all anodized up but I beat the crap out of mine and wouldn't want to ruin it. Really digging that truggy one and can't wait to see your new build.awesome trucks
Old 05-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Glad to see you started a build over here Joe and finally put some pics on here of the other 2 trucks. Looking forward to watching this one come together.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

No videos of bashing? Whats the point?
Old 05-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX
No videos of bashing? Whats the point?

The point is I like collecting and building custom trucks. No need to bash them to enjoy them.

I have one test run video of the Predator and I will get some more soon. I will be running this Yellow and Black truck all summer once it is built so there will be video sometime down the road.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Really nice trucks!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Dem Maxxes........

I tried getting hold of UE, got a response from them but it's been a week waiting to hear back whether they'll ship me parts to Aus.....
Old 05-11-2012, 03:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Suteki

I tried getting hold of UE, got a response from them but it's been a week waiting to hear back whether they'll ship me parts to Aus.....
Sorry but I do not have good news on that. Unlimited Engineering does not ship any orders Internationally. You actually cannot even place an order I don't think. Contact me if you need help with getting an order.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MiRatlhed
Sorry but I do not have good news on that. Unlimited Engineering does not ship any orders Internationally. You actually cannot even place an order I don't think. Contact me if you need help with getting an order.
They said that but they said they would track down a postage quote but never got back to me. I was after the ue supershocks.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Im not a fan of spending big money on a Maxx to make it reliable and bash worthy, but that mad cow truck looks awesome and i love the rims and monster pirate tires

I think one of the main things that keeps me from the maxx are the differentials. I just feel they are a little weaker than they should be for brushless power. I know you can upgrade them, but that is big $$ most of the time.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cummins Driver
Im not a fan of spending big money on a Maxx to make it reliable and bash worthy, but that mad cow truck looks awesome and i love the rims and monster pirate tires

I think one of the main things that keeps me from the maxx are the differentials. I just feel they are a little weaker than they should be for brushless power. I know you can upgrade them, but that is big $$ most of the time.
For diffs, the FLM ultimate Hybrid bulk combos are practically unbeatable. About $90 for 1/8 diffs, with the hybrid bulks. I've seen them as a front and rear set for about $160 on eBay.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah the new FLM packs you can buy are pretty nice now that they provide a differential unit also. Before you had to hunt down all the parts but now RC Monster has the packages ready for sale. I do not have any running tech data so I cannot confirm how good these are with a high power brushless system.

Picture property of RC Monster

For Brushless and Big Block Nitro the Spyder 8's are the way to go. You can get them off of Ebay for around $65 each which is not too bad. Then the UE UltraLite cases are $120 for a set so yeah to really get bulletproof diffs it is not cheap but with a nicely shimmed diff and some regular maintenance you will not have to replace them any time soon.

You kind of have to be a die hard RC'r and into the Maxxes for a very long time to really appreciate the time and money spent on custom projects. Hard to justify a truck like this when you can spend a 1/4 of what some of these parts cost and get a RTR rig that is a TON of fun to run. I bought 3 of the first original EMaxx's when they first came out on the market and I had 2 TMaxx's also so they have always been one of my favorite trucks out there. So I am happy to be doing what I am doing and keeping the history alive and well.

Thanks for stopping by and having a look.....
Old 05-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

You can find the spyder 6's with casses of Ebay a little cheaper at around 150 total. Thats what I run in my basher emaxx and they have held up great to some pretty hard bashing. Usually diffs last awhile as long as they are shimmed right and you perform maintenance. Then again I haven't touched my spyder 6's and I can't break them.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Nice to see your builds, I enjoyed the others on RC-Monster as well.

A quick off topic. The FLM combo bulks hold up just fine to brushless and are a really nice all in one solution. I ran the same diffs they are including now (ofna 8.5? Hyper8? I forget) with a 1520 on 6s without issue and I kept my slipper basically locked. I've had good luck with ERBE diffs diffs, as well as Maxx diffs in cheap Integy alum cases when shimmed properly. But it can't hold a candle to the 1/8 stuff.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:58 AM
Tech Regular

Good info Overdriven! I think those combo bulks are a killer deal for the price they have them at.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.