Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Aftershock air leak issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

Default Losi Aftershock air leak issue

Ok bare with here i'am a little tense. well to start off somehow air bubbles are getting into my fuel line and this is what I have done so far, taken the tank off and submerged it in water no leaks, tested both air and fuel line no leaks, engine is completely sealed with lucky 7 rc sealant and my fuel filter is sealed. does anyone know what it could be? any advice would be great thanks.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-...b-problem.html
Old 04-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

???? Not really sure what you are talking about if you mean a non insert then yes
Old 04-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

he is asking if your engine is the stock version. They have issues when slightly warm because the carb will heat up enough to boil the fuel- since it is not insulated.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

Does the Aftershock tank also have the primer? It is the source of so many air-in-fuel line-headaches for the LST's. I know you did the airleak test, but how does the seal under the tank lid look?

Another thing it could possibly be is a leaky front bearing..not probable though, IMO.

Hate to say it, but you may end up just wanting to get a new tank if all else fails. I've had similar issues and done the whole airleak test without finding anything. The airleak was resolved when I replaced the tank. I also learned never to touch the primer.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default tanked

I had same issue on mine could never figure it out replaced the engine with a .28 big red......problem solved no more leak! also my tank leaked like a bastard i deleted the primer and sealed it with rtv and adjusted the screw under the lid for a tighter fit.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Tank is brand new just got a day ago but this symptom was already present with my other tank that's why I bought another one
Old 04-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Rookie

re rtv engine and carb bet its in there then.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:38 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah there is no way in hell my engine is leaking. So i have come to the conclusion that re routing my fuel line system will work, making it longer and around the shock tower and also moving the fuel filter away from the cooling head. I was told by horizon to put a loop in the fuel line and also to make sure my fuel tank mounting screws were not to tight. So we will see what happens this weekend, if it will ever quit f**king raining but thanks for the input guys, every little bit helps someone get closer to finding out whats wrong.