Wiki Posts
Search

Tmaxx wont start

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Tmaxx wont start

I am having problems getting my Maxx to start it was original a 2.5 but i put a 3.3 in there.. It was running fine last year but i let it sit and now i cant get her to fire up at all. Sometimes it will fire up but die very fast. I am wondering what could be the problem. What should i check for first? I know on my ez start wand the glow plug light is on. So my glow plug should be good still.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bighomedog11
I am having problems getting my Maxx to start it was original a 2.5 but i put a 3.3 in there.. It was running fine last year but i let it sit and now i cant get her to fire up at all. Sometimes it will fire up but die very fast. I am wondering what could be the problem. What should i check for first? I know on my ez start wand the glow plug light is on. So my glow plug should be good still.
are you using fresh fuel? check for any air leaks in the fuel lines? try a new plug to see if it helps.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

How long can fuel sit for? And how should I check for air leaks? But could plugs just go bad and the light still comes on the ez start
Old 02-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

How long can fuel sit for? And how should I check for air leaks? But could plugs just go bad and the light still comes on the ez start
as long as the fuel is sealed good and out of the heat it should be good from last year. see if theres any air bubbles moving through the fuel line when your priming it or starting it. maybe try and set the needles back to factory settings. how is you idle gap? you want it about .5-.7mm. you got a clean air filter on?
Old 02-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ckblood05
as long as the fuel is sealed good and out of the heat it should be good from last year. see if theres any air bubbles moving through the fuel line when your priming it or starting it. maybe try and set the needles back to factory settings. how is you idle gap? you want it about .5-.7mm. you got a clean air filter on?
Yes i got a clean air filter, I made sure i cleaned it. I also dont see any air bubbles moving threw the line i see some in the line but there not really moving. The fuel should be good then because it was closed tightly and kept in a cold place (basement)

I notice that when my ez start turns the engine it sounds like its slipping sometimes and not turning it on ever turn
Old 02-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I notice that when my ez start turns the engine it sounds like its slipping sometimes and not turning it on ever turn
That's your one way bearing, (OWB) slipping, you have to pull the cheezy start off and clean the bearing out with some nitro cleaner or some WD-40.

Turn your idle screw up or "IN"... You probably have a lot of gumed up bad ju ju in there. If you dont want to mess with the idle screw, turn up your throttle trim on your TQ. Get it running, warmed up and re-tune it.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Yes i got a clean air filter, I made sure i cleaned it. I also dont see any air bubbles moving threw the line i see some in the line but there not really moving. The fuel should be good then because it was closed tightly and kept in a cold place (basement)

yup, like got nitro said, take the one way bearing out and clean it up. its probably definatley slipping.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

I will do that, And see what happens. So basically i need to remove the black starter on the engine and clean the bearing that's inside it?

Could that be a possible reason why it not starting also
Old 02-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

I will do that, And see what happens. So basically i need to remove the black starter on the engine and clean the bearing that's inside it?

Could that be a possible reason why it not starting also
yup, just remove that bearing and clean it like got nitro said. then put it back in. just make sure you put it in the same way, there is text written on one side, so that goes facing the engine. yea if that bearing is slipping, its not catching so it wont turn the engine over.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ckblood05
yup, just remove that bearing and clean it like got nitro said. then put it back in. just make sure you put it in the same way, there is text written on one side, so that goes facing the engine. yea if that bearing is slipping, its not catching so it wont turn the engine over.
Alright, I am going to clean it off tomorrow and see what happens.. hopefully she starts, I never cleaned that so that could be my problem.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Heat your engine with a hairdryer. I have had this problem before, same symptoms. Get it pretty warm and give it a shot. Heat the motor from above the head down.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

I took my motor out, To remove the bearing and I notice that it was real greasy like. I did not have any Nitro Cleaner or Wd-40, So i just kept the engine out till i get some. I also need to clean the engine because the outside of it is kind of dirty.. So i did not put it back in yet.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

I took my ez-start off to clean it out and i put everything back together.. Now i notice the motor on the Ez-start is not turning and it is just smokes when i try to use the ez-start to crank it up.

I think i am just going to get a pull-start and ditch that bullshit ez-start.. If i do order a pull-start do i just need to pull-start or do i need some kind of plate or something?
Old 02-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

I took my ez-start off to clean it out and i put everything back together.. Now i notice the motor on the Ez-start is not turning and it is just smokes when i try to use the ez-start to crank it up.

I think i am just going to get a pull-start and ditch that bullshit ez-start.. If i do order a pull-start do i just need to pull-start or do i need some kind of plate or something?
did you put the one way bearing in the right way?

thats what i did to my t maxx. i took the ez-start off and put a pull start on. all you need is the pull start and put the one way bearing in it and screw it on. make sure the text writing on the bearing is facing the engine.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

I might of put the bearing back in backwards. I am going to remove everything again and see if i put it in backwards. Because rite now the ez-start motor wont even turn just smokes.

But i am most likely going to change it to a pull-start.. I think i will like it a lot better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.