R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks

Old 02-19-2012, 04:51 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Getting to know my Arrma Granite.

Being a fan of the other Arrma rigs, I had to have the Granite too. Out of the box, it's a beautiful truck. The body is a little odd, maybe toyish looking, But the graphics make up for it. Tires are nice and grippy, And the dual aluminum plate chassis just screams toughness. I swapped the connecter, and hooked up a fairly mild tenergy 4000 mah 25c 2s lipo. The box says 30 mph. I have no accurate measurement, but it feels right there. This thing rips for a brushed setup.
The negatives...The steering servo in almost all rtr's sucks. And this Arrma rig is no exception. With the big monster wheels and tires, it makes itself very apparent. The gearing doesn't seem to be quite right out of the box. (for lipo atleast) On a tight course, or small bashing area it would probably be fine, But running up and down the street for a while, I got motor temps just over 200 degrees (f). I'm thinking they just used the same gearing as the Fury. Which in itself runs a bit warm, The bigger tires are just a little too much for that setup.
And the battery tray is a pain. Not as bad as the Raider, But I was hoping for a nice roomy tray like the Fury. This chassis is a good inch and a half shorter than the SC version, and that length is missing from the battery tray. I would have liked to had enough space to put some foam in there to protect the battery a little.
As for driving it. This thing is a blast. And it seems to be just as tough as it looks. I did manage to break the front body mount. More my fault than the trucks. I flew it about 20 ft out and 10 or so feet high and landed it directly on the roof. I put it through several similar crashes, and countless tumbles, and a brutal curb hit. The only problems were steering links popping off. Once for each side. Which caused a break in the action, Since I had to take it inside and use pliers to pop it back together.
Overall, this is a great truck. I dare say, it's as good as any 2wd monster on the market. With a few minor issues adressed it might be in a class of it's own.
Sorry no pics. Since I can't link to a photobucket image, or upload direct from my comp. Guess I'm too new here
ChazOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links