Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
V-twin E-Maxx (yes another one) >

V-twin E-Maxx (yes another one)

V-twin E-Maxx (yes another one)

Old 02-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default V-twin E-Maxx (yes another one)

Well I have decided to put dual HW BL kits in my maxx... The truck is 95% BL ready... Still runnin titans! Haha.. I've crept the posts long enough and the parts are all ordered... The build will be a 1 day, nothing but work on my truck build! Most of my truck is finished, but I have some loose ends to tie up... Ordered my BL kits this evening along with the Y-harness for the ESC's... I've read that I need to trim one of the red wires off one side (ESC side) to keep from "over-amping" my receiver.. Any truth to this guys? Build date is Feb 16th! So I am gathering all the advice/help I can until then... Taking suggestions or tips in the meantime... And no need in crapping on my good time!! I know I could have gone with a Mamba Maxx system and BLAH BLAH BLAH! Just havin some fun with it...
Old 02-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dhthmn114
Well I have decided to put dual HW BL kits in my maxx... The truck is 95% BL ready... Still runnin titans! Haha.. I've crept the posts long enough and the parts are all ordered... The build will be a 1 day, nothing but work on my truck build! Most of my truck is finished, but I have some loose ends to tie up... Ordered my BL kits this evening along with the Y-harness for the ESC's... I've read that I need to trim one of the red wires off one side (ESC side) to keep from "over-amping" my receiver.. Any truth to this guys? Build date is Feb 16th! So I am gathering all the advice/help I can until then... Taking suggestions or tips in the meantime... And no need in crapping on my good time!! I know I could have gone with a Mamba Maxx system and BLAH BLAH BLAH! Just havin some fun with it...
I wouldn't clip a red wire on the ESC but what I have done on crawlers is get a servo extension and remove the wire from the extension. That way you will be able to use the ESC in another truck if needed.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What hobby wings did you go with?
Old 02-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Tech Addict

The EZRUN 35A ESC 4300KV 9t.. Only $70/per (free shipping) and I'm running that same system in all my other vehicles with plenty of smiles!! Easy to program, comes with the program card, and plenty of pep.. Even my slash is right there with the VXL's with this system.. Like I said, I run it in ALL my cars.. Even my 1/16 Mini Revo... Just have the attitude turned down a bit in that one LOL.. But I will juice both of these systems up to get my maxx running. I am seeing consistent temps across the board 110-130 (with my other cars).. So once I get the gearing figured out I'll be in good shape.. I am running a Robinson Racing 65t spur.. So I may end up with 19-20t pinions.. Temps will tell the story there...
Old 02-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

So I don't have a "problem" but run some ideas by me guys... The 3906 chassis is a little cramped for room on 2 ESC's.. Both WOULD fit where the EVX2 is, but the leads to the motors will not be long enough to reach up and over the slipper assem... So I am looking at putting my receiver where the EVX2 is now, assuming my RX wires are long enough to run from the other end (steering/tranny servo's)... And fabbing a small shelf for the two 35A ESC's to sit on... Trying to put this together in my head... In theory I could leave my receiver where it is and just install the shelf anyway, but for cosmetic purposes that would leave a void in my chassis where the EVX2 was... Sigh!!! Any advice??