Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Revos 3.3 help

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Revos 3.3 help

I have heard a lot about this forum and I am new to the traxxas. I have a revo 3.3 and I am at a loss as to what to do. Any ideas please let me. Below are the details. When I give it gas it just revs up, will not move. I have replaced the pads on the back of the slipper clutch. I then checked the transmission and had some teeth missing off one of the gears. So I replaced the gear and its still doing the same thing. I have tightened and loosened the slipper clutch and still nothing. Any suggestions?
Thanks for any help
Jerod cross
Old 01-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Did you tighten the slipper all the way? And when you say you give it gas are you WOT and it still doesn't move? What are you noticing with the slipper and the gears/flywheel when you give it gas?
Old 01-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Rookie

it could be your drive shaft
Old 01-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Tech Rookie

All the way from quarter throttle to wide open. I have tightened slipper clutch as tight as I can get it. The fly wheel is turning and also the slipper clutch is turning. What should i check on the drive shaft?
Old 01-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have had the exact same problem. I tore the transmission apart. In the transmission there was a bearing melted into one of the gears the ratio gear it was. I replaced that and I had to a pin in the transmission. It has gone back to working correctly since I made these repairs. It took me probably two months to finally figure out the problem though. I tore up a few spur gears, few pins, and a few forward gears in the process. But I recommend doing a full tear down on the transmission if you checked everything else or you will end up ripping all your hair out.

Last edited by keith09; 01-04-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by keith09
I have had the exact same problem. I tore the transmission apart. In the transmission there was a bearing melted into one of the gears the ratio gear it was. I replaced that and I had to a pin in the transmission. It has gone back to working correctly since I made these repairs. It took me probably two months to finally figure out the problem though. I tore up a few spur gears, and a few forward gears in the process. But I recommend doing a full tear down on the transmission if you checked everything else.
will does you model still have reverse in it. cause if it does the pin that hold the reverse gear does break sometimes. Will when it break it will not hold the foward gear in place so the whole primary shaft will just spin around the gears. the reverse gear holds the forward gear in place on the primary shaft and the pin holds the revese gear in place. i woul do just like the other guy said and take a look at the whole tranny. best off luck to ya
\
Old 01-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by imrob
will does you model still have reverse in it. cause if it does the pin that hold the reverse gear does break sometimes. Will when it break it will not hold the foward gear in place so the whole primary shaft will just spin around the gears. the reverse gear holds the forward gear in place on the primary shaft and the pin holds the revese gear in place. i woul do just like the other guy said and take a look at the whole tranny. best off luck to ya
\
The pin that holds the forward gear on is the pin I broke off. But I had to also replace the forward gear this last time I fixed it because there was melted plastic in there. If you run your spline to tight on the clutch bell that pin breaks a lot quicker because it puts more stress on the shaft. I used to break them about every 5 runs. Since I started loosening up my spline it has been awhile now and no broken pins. That transmission became a hobby in its own for awhile.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Rookie

I have the exact same problem i already sent i back traxxas looked in to it replaced spur gear got it in yesterday and tried breaking it in and did the same thing i havent even finished breaking it in i think the revo is the worst truck ive had nothing compared to the rustler and much less to the jato 3.3 .....revo sux
Old 01-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Revo is a good quality truck. You're having bad luck with it, but that does not make it a bad truck in general.

I hope you're able to get it worked out.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Renzhar
I have the exact same problem i already sent i back traxxas looked in to it replaced spur gear got it in yesterday and tried breaking it in and did the same thing i havent even finished breaking it in i think the revo is the worst truck ive had nothing compared to the rustler and much less to the jato 3.3 .....revo sux
Better then the rustler??? When I had one of those I was constantly changing drive shafts and internals in the gear box. I don't see the rustler beating out the revo in durability.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Tech Rookie

It might be bad luck but its to expensive for not to work im sorry guys but i think its a piece of crap truck
Old 01-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Tech Adept

It's all preference. And if they were cheap everyone would have one.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Renzhar
It might be bad luck but its to expensive for not to work im sorry guys but i think its a piece of crap truck
Just take the time to fix it. They are easy to work on if it breaks. Sometimes things do break when for others they don't. It doesn't make it a crappy truck. Instead of giving up and complaining learn how to fix the issue.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by flashman2002
Just take the time to fix it. They are easy to work on if it breaks. Sometimes things do break when for others they don't. It doesn't make it a crappy truck. Instead of giving up and complaining learn how to fix the issue.
Have to agree with you there. All rc's have issues no matter how durable they are. Just have to work the bugs out.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me how to get the two screws back into the header on traxxas 3.3/ The way the top screw on the header goes in right behind the curve of the pipe I can' seem to get the screw in at a 90 degree angle when I try to put it in at an angle it only goes half way in? Im sure this is an easy solution but I can't figure it out lol. I bought a new resonator and can't get it or my blue pipe back on lol, I knew when I took the top screw out of the header it was going to be a nightmare to get back in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.