Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MGT 3.0 ISSUE

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default MGT 3.0 ISSUE

I just got a mgt 3.0 for christmas and broke it in nice np there. i did notice on my 3rd tank of fuel i started to hear a squeaking noise coming from the driveline somewhere only when its rolling, so i applied the brakes and it went away and came back after i released the brakes weird, just wondering if anyone has had this issue? i went over the entire truck last night and re tighten every bolt and also took off the wheels just to make sure that it wasnt a bearing in the knuckle so any advice would be nice. i just think its going to get worse and worse.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Could be the brakes if its metal caliper and metal rotors. They lightly graze each other when rolling with no pressure, so when you apply brakes it closes the gap and puts pressure on them. Which isn't a problem besides being annoying.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

You could have a creak, cry, peep, pipe, scream, screech, scritch, sound, squeal, whine, chip, chipper, tweet, twitter, warble or yelp from a M/T.

Doesn't necessarily mean there is a problem with it. Probably just the brake linkage making noise but when you apply servo pressure, it goes away. That or the brake disc it's self is rattling/chattering around...

EDIT< Got beat to the punch
Old 01-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Adept

any fix do you think??? or adjusting i could try?? thanks for the response
Old 01-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaceracer
any fix do you think??? or adjusting i could try?? thanks for the response
There really is no fix untill you figure out exactly what the problem is.

If it is a brake disc and the metal pads making noise you can cut a pen cap spring down to size and install on the caliper mounts/bolts. This will push the "brake pads" back into place cutting down the chattering/rattling...
Old 01-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

lol i like your first comment dude lol it was funny and i know im being like over ocd about a truck that is going to break and break etc. but it just sounds like a piece of sh*t and thats the only reason i said something. i will try and figure out something this evening and get back to you guys. thanks for the input.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

You could get fiber brake rotors, something not metal
Old 01-10-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

well just for shits and giggles i took the truck apart last night or at least the front part of the truck to get to the brakes and long behold it was not the brakes. It sounds like its coming from the tranny but i dont want to go there. i was really hoping someone else has had this issue with these and could enlighten me on it but i guess its the sort of thing just drive it until it breaks i guess =( kind of saddens me.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

Try and post a video if you can. Its kind of hard to diagnose without more info.

Check every grub screw in the driveline also to see if its loose or slipping.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

i will try to post a vid when i can. i did take the slipper clutch off last night and spur gears etc. just to see if those bearings where it and of course not. its either the tranny or the front diff because every screw is tight and it def is not the rear diff.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

Well i was going to send it in for warranty repair but a.e. pissed me off, so i took it apart myself last night, i mean i took apart the whole truck, checked both front and rear diffs, perfectly fine. Before i had disassembled the driveline i could spin the transmission shaft the one to the spur gears and i could hear the noise but once i took the driveline apart from the transmission, the transmission is quiet, so that leads me to believe that it is in the driveshaft input and output from the transmission. i am going to try to find more out tonight. I gave up last night got to late.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

I fixed it!!! it was the driveshaft cups i just had to grease them up real good now its smooth as silk so if anyone has what i had going on its probably the cups