Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
T-maxx 3.3 (4907) Suspension help and engine! >

T-maxx 3.3 (4907) Suspension help and engine!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T-maxx 3.3 (4907) Suspension help and engine!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 02:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default T-maxx 3.3 (4907) Suspension help and engine!

hey guys i just got a new tmaxx 3.3 (4907) and i want to get new shocks, im tired of it bottoming out from such small jumps. i want a really good and strong suspension that wont bottom out. also i need your guys help for the best hsn and lsn settings
Old 12-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kbracybutt
hey guys i just got a new tmaxx 3.3 (4907) and i want to get new shocks, im tired of it bottoming out from such small jumps. i want a really good and strong suspension that wont bottom out. also i need your guys help for the best hsn and lsn settings
go for the traxxas big bores with dual rate springs. check this link on settings for the 3.3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SdMtXN9mwc
Old 12-30-2011, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kbracybutt
Buying new shocks is not going to help your problem if you plan on running the same springs, pistons and oil. You might want to just try out a set of heavier springs, it will cost you tons less.. With the heavier springs, you will probably need a thicker oil to dampen your compression and slow your rebound but that will all depend on how you like the way it handles.

FYI, the truck can handle bottoming out, that's what it was made for.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I am not sure what the standard rates are on the stock springs, but it definitely sounds like you should at least bump up the oil viscosity and try heavier springs.

I am not sure how the Maxx trucks handle with RC Raven springs, but if these springs are anything like the triple rate springs they make for my Savage you will be in business.

http://www.rcraveninc.com/category/t...alratesprings/

$13 for a complete set of springs in various colors, it is definitely worth a shot if you ask me.

3ppi at the top and 7ppi at the bottom should allow your truck to keep the soft suspension to soak the smaller bumps but still allow your truck to handle some decent sized jumps too. It also won't have as much body roll as before too, and that means it will be less prone to tipping over when turning.

They helped out my Savage a lot (Savage springs have three rates 2.0, 2.5, 3.0 ppi for a total load of 7.5 ppi.), so I can only imagine that it will help you. I saw a huge improvement with just the springs alone. Just buy some heavier weight shock oil and add the springs and I bet you will see a difference.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

VG Racing is also making heavy duty springs for various vehicles. Same price as RC Raven, but only one color choice....

Here's a Link
Old 12-31-2011, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stubbs
VG Racing is also making heavy duty springs for various vehicles. Same price as RC Raven, but only one color choice....

Here's a Link
acturally those rc raven spring are the best spring i found for my maxx they are a littler wider than the big bore springs which is great but you will need the cups from the plastic shock shaft to keep them tight in the cup spot and for 13 dollars you cant beat that with a stick. also there skid plat wow too when you cut them down. and there roll cage way worth the moneybut i dont think it fits you modle just the older version for the cage
i have the raven spring with mine 4910 model with 50 weight oil all the way around with have rebound and my maxx race just fine for two track that i race at for the summer. and for the setting i never have to go more than two turns out from factroy always adjust it when it running temp not cold i run mine 3.3 around 240 just about every time and peopls say i have the best running 3.3 out there i just cant figure out why people cant tune these motor im hearing impaired i get down with my two motor just fine. one other thing is you need to change you horn on you maxx to one that is like i truggy or buggy for the throttle the stock one get the linkage way to binding and it stick to much. get the kind like a truggy or buggy and it will slide very smoth for the throotle and break no problem i use something like this here http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ke-Linkage-Set you can seed the horn and then the two plastic slider on top off it these slid way better than what is stuck but you will not be able to use the linkage from this the wire things are too short but you can buy this and use the stock wire and should work fine other than that i use the hudy alumini ones but they are pricey and you have to but the horn and slider seprated and there like 2o a pieace when ordering them. just make sure you order the hoirn to fit you servo teeth but this plastic one has adapter to fit them all so best bet i think.

Last edited by imrob; 12-31-2011 at 12:14 PM.