Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E revo or mini e revo vxl??

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? E revo or mini e revo vxl??

Hey guys I am selling my revo 3.3 and wanting an electric rc truck im really into bashing and I have an mx track in my back field so I need one yhat will bash good and that is durable I know the mini has its flaws and the big one isnt waterproof also if I get the big e revo I cant upgrade it since ill use all of my money on buying it please give me your advise on the pros/cons of both rcs I want to go electric so plz no nitro recommendations! -
Old 12-23-2011, 10:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

If your going to be bashing and running on a track I wouldn't even consider the mini erevo vxl. They are simply too small and they don't hold up to hard bashing IMO. The big erevo is nice, but with my experience with the brushless model you must upgrade some parts if you want it told hold up on 5 and 6s lipos. I would knock the mini revo off the list. Not to worry though there are plenty of other good options out there. Now, are you wanting brushless or brushed? Also are you going to run lipos or nimh?
Old 12-24-2011, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Traxxasandme
Hey guys I am selling my revo 3.3 and wanting an electric rc truck im really into bashing and I have an mx track in my back field so I need one yhat will bash good and that is durable I know the mini has its flaws and the big one isnt waterproof also if I get the big e revo I cant upgrade it since ill use all of my money on buying it please give me your advise on the pros/cons of both rcs I want to go electric so plz no nitro recommendations! -
If you want to just get into something electric and a mini, look into this.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ushless-System

I got my son one of these to mess around with. I find myself using it just as often
Old 12-24-2011, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

I had a ERBE for ahwile and it was pretty darn durable stock. I only broke a few minor things over time and the impacts and collisions that caused the breaks where normal. HIGH flips of a sharp angled curb shooting it flipping 5-6ft in the air broke a rear skid once. And I snapped a rear a arm, bulk and drive shaft once clipping the corner of a concrete bearier with the left wheel at 40+ mph. Other than those I beat on it running 4s for over a year with no issues.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I would get the regular brushless revo and run it on 4s. It is a very durable truck and you will have a blast. I can't complain about my mini revo but after driving the full size for a day then going back to the mini, the mini just seems so slow and boring and it is running on lipo. The final decision comes down to what you want. I do heavy bashing with my rigs and have not broke the full size but the mini I have broke a steering bellcrank, a pillow ball and the servo. Both of them see big time air at the local skatepark.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Yea, should have commented on the Mini... It's a sweet little truck aswell. With bearings in the rockers and steering(TRX slid bushings in here ), RPM a arms and carriers, center diff(truck handles ALOT better and cuts wheelies down alot) steel balls(plastic stock ones are paper thin), alum. links/rods and stiffer shock springs(tan front/black rear) it great! LOL.... THIS LIST IS MY GENERAL UPGRADES ON EVERY ONE I HAVE AND HAVE HAD. The skys the limit with upgrades on this guy ofcourse. But these seem to make it extremely durable and handle much better.
But you can build a little moster if you buy the MERV at $270 and leave yourself $300-$400 for upgrades. Then you can go all out! T Bone bumper/skid set, GTR shocks, CVDs inner and on all four corners and on and on. But it kinda depends on what you want, where you are gonna run it, etc. The MERV is great to snatch up and toss it in your back seat for lunch time bashin and things
Old 12-24-2011, 08:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation

Hey guys thanks for the input! The 1/10 e revo I might get comes with 2 2s lipos traxxas cvds all the way around rpm a arms all the way around. 2 sets of tires and it is the brushless edition ($550). The mini e revo I might get comes with lipos and a charger other than that its bone stock ($250). Im worried that the merv wont be able to drive through our oak leaves and tall grass because I dont always drive on my mx track. I'v also heard about the merv having lots of problems with the diffs. Does the big e revo have any problems like that/weak spots. I also need somthing that has good ground clearence the losi mini 8ight doesnt hardly look an inch off the ground. Thanks
Old 12-24-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Well, the merv price sounds a bit high for used . The first one I bought new in box was only $269 w/free shipping. And you can get a set of lipo's and charger from Hobbypartz.com for $50-$60. So I wouldnt buy that one. You can get a tricked out mini on here for that price anyways.
The Revo sounds like a fair deal Two sets of wheels, CVD's, RPM arms. Shoot that a bit of change there. I never had any issues with any diffs on the mini or 1/10. Guess its the luck of the draw there. The diffs do seem to have a bit of wiggle room inside the revo IMO, but I never had any issues.
The Mini 8ight is a fun little buggy, but for a all around basher I would take the merv anyday.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Well I hate how the 1/10 bl e revo isnt waterproof because I really want to drive in the snow or after a rainy day and I can with the mini. But the mini I cant drive on the tall grass/ lots of leavs. Im kinda 50/50 right now. If I could afford it I would get both!
Old 12-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Yea, BOTH! You could get the 1/10 and sell the MMM esc and pick up a XErun 80A or 150A. You wont see any loss in performance I can promise you. I used to run the 80A in my EMaxx BE and I had the whole chassie packed with snow and ran it in deep mud and it never failed. Hobbywing states water resistant and I wouldnt suggest tossing it in a pool or lake, but it's water resistance seems to be resistant enough for general bashing in wet conditions. But you could also water proof the ESC. Theres several Youtube vids and "how to's " on this. But be aware it voids the warrenty.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Lightbulb

Thanks man can u send me a link of the esc ur talkin about!
Old 12-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Traxxasandme
I also need somthing that has good ground clearence the losi mini 8ight doesnt hardly look an inch off the ground. Thanks
FWIW, I had a merv 3-4 years ago whenever they came out, had every upgrade done to it including a BB mount and a 10th scale BL motor. That thing needs lots of upgrades to compare to a losi that comes stock with everything you will need. I had to get aluminum carriers and the aluminum TB's and push rods right off the bat because the carriers do not have adjustable pivot ball retainers and you WILL get tons of slop all the way around. The plastic TB's and pushrods do not help in this matter either. I had to wait for all of that too because traxxas likes to take their sweet time to come out with the upgrades to make their RC's worthy.

That losi goes over grass just fine, the flat chassis makes for a nice non-grabbing skid plate across high grass. The stock losi will out run and last a merv all day long. It comes with an aluminum chassis that is thick as a 1/8 scale losi and aluminum shocks out of the box. It comes with CVD's as well bone stock. Hey man, just a option to consider before you go out and spend money on a truck that you will have to upgrade to make it bash worthy.

I know there will be some fan boy of traxxas that is going to come in and say that the merv is a great truck out of the box but the truth is it WILL need upgrades and it does get sloppy.

That losi takes a beating then looks back at you and laughs
Old 12-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation

Thanks 4 the help guys l saw a guy on youtube that had a spray that would make the mamba esc waterproof if u know anything plz send me a link
Old 12-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-c-xerun-80a-sd.html
The 80A is rated to 4s, but I honestly think it could handle 5s with no problems
Heres the 150A thats rated for 6s, but personally I think 4s power is more than enough.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-c-xerun-150a-sd.html
And I own the Mini 8ight and it is a great little ride. I will say it was money well spent. But it to has it's issues. The servo needs replaced outta the box. Mine would'nt center correctly and the replacement would'nt either. This is a fairly comman issue. If you don't have a decent Spektrum TX then you'll need that. The Losi (stock "Spek" TX) is garbage. It has a really, really short range. And the ESC has some serious cogging issues. Some have none of these issues, but many, many do. It a great buggy and I like it, but it to needs some TLC and hard earned $$$ to make it a strong basher. The shock ends, caps are weak points and the alum towers are a tad bit thin and bend easily. Ive only had it for a few weeks and had to buy carbon fiber towers, Hitec 225MG, new servo saver for the Hitec, better DX3E and Im still planning on a better ESC. I luckily havent had the shock issues yet, but Ive only ran it a hand ful of times due to sterring and range issues. I finally will take it out today for a new run with the radio and servo.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Questions??

What about that spray that makes things waterproof I saw a guy on youtube that had it and he started snow bashing and his shell was full of snow also he still had the stock esc. I would like to know more about this product if anuone could help me with that maby a link?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.