Wiki Posts
Search

Starts But Doesn't Run?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Angry Starts But Doesn't Run?

Ok.
I got my Revo 3.3 running, it really worked, I drove it around my yard, and then all the sudden it just stopped moving and I could still use the throttle, like, the engine would make its normal obnoxious noise, but it would NOT Move!
So, then I just looked at my spur gear and the teeth were pretty much all flat little things, so I took that out, put a new one in, made sure the gear mesh was fine, and then I try to start it the next day and it started, but still didn't move..... So I looked at the Spur gear and it was spinning normally.
WHAT Could be the problem Now!?!
Old 12-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

clutch, diff, tranny ( not the male/female type) I assume you have control of the servos from the transmitter? Put it on the starter box (if thats what you use) or block of wood, and see if the wheels spin when you gas it. if it doesnt move the wheels, I would say tranny or clutch. was the spur gear melted/stripped. That would be an indiaction the clutch is toast. if the truck rolls easily by hand, the tranny may be ok.
if one side moves but the other doesnt and you can make it stop with your hand while on power, look at the diff.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Fixed!

Thanks!
I got it up and running, It was just a lose bolt that the spur gear goes on. Yeah, stupid I know. LoL