Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Aftershock/LST

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Losi Aftershock/LST

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but not new to R/C. I didn't see a "newbie" thread, I did a few searches, but I figured I would just post my ?.
I have a Losi Aftershock that I put the 454 and LST2 trans on. I broke it in, put about 2 tanks through it after break-in, it stalled, and when I tried to restart it, it was like starting in gear. When I crank the roto-start, the wheels turn with it. Would this be a one-way bearing issue? And why so soon after the first few tanks? Dirt?
Thanks
JC
Old 12-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey and welcome!!

My guess would be the clutch or your bearing that is where your clutch is at. I had that issue with my werks b3 pro. It would start and run bit when I hit the break it would die. Do you have that same problem?? I'm sure i could be wrong. I'm sure someone will chime in and help..
Old 12-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Doug is right, either a clutch bearing or more likely is a clutch spring/shoe is hung up. If the oneway bearing was bad, it wouldnt even crank over the motor, it would just spin. The clutch is engaging way to early, which says its buggered up some how.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I agree with the guys above. Try and spin your clutch bell by hand. It should spin freely, and NOT try and turn the engine over. If it doesn't spin freely, the clutch shoes, or maybe the bearings are buggered up.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What they said. Its either bad clutch bearing(s), or a broken clutch spring. Pretty simple fix